Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    preacherwife61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Filing with alphabet and numbers
    What is the proper filing protocol for m and mc and filing alphabet and numerical
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 02:58 PM
    All the offices where I have worked have just treated the small "c" as the second letter in the word with no special treatment.

I suppose as an alternative you could file all the Ms - Ma through Mz, then start over with McA names through McZ. It doesn't really matter except that you have to have consistency and consensus in your company.

Another thing that can come up are initials, like M.B. In the case of Initials, I generally treat each as it's own word.

So, say you have this list:

Mac Alester
    McBean
    M.J. Liquor
    Modern Interiors
    Mac Phearson
    Mac Flynn
    McLennan
    M.A. Forester

They would go in this order:

M.A. Forester
    M.J. Liquor
    Mac Alester
    Mac Flynn
    Mac Phearson
    McBean
    McLennan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a arce minilaptop some of the letter keys has numbers how to avoid numbers [ 1 Answers ]

On my keyboard the letters U I O P J K AND L HAS NUMBERS HOW TO MAKE LETTERS ONLY

Why are there numbers located on top of alphabet keys on my laptop? [ 1 Answers ]

The letters example(U,I,O, J,K,L, M have numbers located under the letters on my laptop 4 5 6 1 2 3 0 Please help I want to use those numbers on my keyboard, how do I use them?

Filing status and ITIN numbers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to filing taxes in US. I am on H1b visa, and working here from Jan 2008, I worked in 2 States(GA,IL) . My family joined me in Oct I met a tax consultant and explained my situation. He has filed my taxes with the status as single and asked me to apply for the ITIN numbers for...

What are the IRS penalties for filing 1099-misc without social security numbers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a couple of individuals work for me for a couple of months each during the current tax year. One left to parts unknown without notice, the other was fired. I have last known addresses on both but no SS #'s. I want to file 1099s but need to know what to expect from the IRS with 1099's...

View more questions Search