Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Jan 8, 2013, 07:54 AM
    Read only access on In windows XP
    Hey all. Right guys and gals I am having an issue. I am not a computer biff so ikonw the normal things. So in the D: drive on a work laptop every folder is set to read only now some of the programs that are tested onthis machine need to wright to the D drive. I have been on as the administrator and removed the read only access but as soon as you do and click apply and OK then close and reopen the preoperties it will be read only again. Now read only is not apearing on the files only the folders. But no users have access to changethe name of anything on the D drive.

Any help on this would be amazing

Thanks in advance Matt
    todd22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 01:51 PM
    Quick question when you say the D: drive are you accessing files on a dvd or cd? This could be a separate partition on one drive or a removable storage device. The more information I have the easier it will be to help you out
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Jan 9, 2013, 03:08 AM
    Ya it is a second partition on the drive in the machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows can not access the specified. [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever I install any antivirus on my PC and try to run any executable file or to launch any other program, here comes an extremely annoying message that never goes off and reads as follows,"Windows Can't access the specified file,device or file, You may not have the appropriate permission". ...

How do I cancel the read-only attribute so I can access the folder? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a folder which contains some pictures and videos. I was going to move to folder into another folder but by mistake I moved it into c:/program files/audible. (audible is a web based service where I can dowload audiobooks). Now I can't access my data folder (mystuff) because when I...

Access 97 and Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently installed Access 97 on a Windows XP machine. The installation completed successfully but, there is one thing that doesn't work: There is a field in the database I use that shows the current directory I am working on(i.e. C:/work). This field contains rubbish(#Name). I...

View more questions Search