Computer question

I have a Dell Vostro 410 computer when it start up it goes to

Window xp but the keyboard does not work, look at Device Manager

And It say code error 37 with a Yellow ? Next to the HID keyboard Device

How to fix problem.

Thanks
    bfordz Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Try uninstalling the current drivers for the keyboard or uninstalling the keyboard and then reboot your computer.
    If that doesn't work, try an external keyboard and then go to Dell and download the drivers from them and reinstall them.

Here's a code 37 description;

Code 37
    Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
    Recommended resolution

The driver returned failure from its DriverEntry routine. Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 2, 2013, 05:59 AM
    A HID device is a Human Interface Device, usually USB. Sometimes it must be set in the bios to load during boot-up. Even if you go to the keyboard manufacturers site and download their drivers they might not be activated during boot unless you set them to. You can also get a real cheap keyboard with the older style PS2 connector (the round one if your PC has the socket for it) and use that while your trying to figure things out. Is your mouse USB as well?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard problem [ 5 Answers ]

hi.. first of all I'm an Asian.. im really sorry for my english.. I have a keyboard that works perfectly fine when I'm typing.. this is sony vaio pcv rz24g.. but I'm having this problem whenever I play a game.. I have lots of game here on my PC.. when I'm playing nba live 2007, counter strike,...

Keyboard Problem [ 0 Answers ]

First Of All I Fellowed All Of Your Totorial But None Of Them Worked For Me. And I Formated My Windows Vista SAME Problem And Then I Formated Windows Same Problem Still Exist The Keys I Type Are These When I Type 1/ It Jumps Like This 1 1 1 1 1 .and when I hardly press 1 it works like...

Help! Keyboard problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with my laptop but every time I hit the "p" key a window called "ask a question developer tool" pops up. Of if I hit the number "five" keyboard my window refreshes. If I use the "exclamation" then Windows Help and support pops up. So much more. It seems like they are...

Keyboard problem? [ 13 Answers ]

Okay. So I have been playing O2jam for a while now. And I realised that I can't press all the buttons together. I mean like, when I pressed them all together. Only some keyboard works. For example: if I press A S D F and H J K L together. Only like A S D J K L works. Is it something wrong with the...

PS/2 keyboard problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 700mhz Duron box that Im trying to fix up for a family member. I did an fdisk and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows 98 install. Im booting to a Win98 startup disk and choosing to install from CD. The keyboard works fine for all of this... but as soon as Windows comes to...

View more questions Search