Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artemis_751 Posts: 9, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2013, 12:16 AM
    Ideas for follow up text after 1st date please?
    Hi,

I met a guy through an online dating site and we went for coffee on Sunday evening. It wasn't a date as such, just a brief get together to see how we got along.
    Anyway, I thought it went well and I liked him, we had a lot in common. At the end of the date, I thanked him for coffee and he said "was nice to meet you, I hope we can do it again sometime, give me a text"... those were his exact words.
    So he kind of left the ball in my court. I haven't heard from him since and I didn't contact him afterwards as I'd already said thank you and it was only a coffee so no need to say it was a wonderful date etc etc..
    It's been a couple of days now since we met and I'd like to send a brief text just to gauge if he is interested or not.
    Does anyone have any suggestions please? Just a quick one liner without any pressure?
    Thank you !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 05:48 AM
    A normal follow up, would be, had a great time, why don't we do it again on >>> date.

This is not the 1950's, if you want to see him again, tell him and ask about a time.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Just saying hello. How are you? Would love to go out again sometime.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 10:39 AM
    I'm echoing what Chuck said. Suggest a specific time and activity:

"I'm free this Thursday night, would you like to get together for dinner"?

If he doesn't respond, or says no and doesn't offer an alternative date, then he is not interested.
    miketctlane Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2013, 11:37 AM
    No don't ask to go on another date espicially if the first date was coffee. Just think about it do you want him to take you out on dates all the time or would you feel comfortable with just a walk in the park or spending time together. Just ask him would you like to spend some time together if he offers a date then take it.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 01:50 PM
    A second date could be a walk in the park. The thing is, text him, it's not a big deal.
    artemis_751 Posts: 9, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Thank you ! I text him, he text back. We are communicating comfortably, so that's all I wanted at this stage. He seems still interested :-)
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Good.
    miketctlane Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2013, 10:27 PM
    Great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be granted an extension on my follow-up court date? &how would I do so? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18, got arrested for shoplifting, the cost of the item had to be only $3 - $4 I attended my first court date and we agreed my misdemeanor would be dropped to an infraction If I attend a M.A.D.D. class, Here's my problem, I wasn't able to make it to the M.A.D.D. classes By my follow up...

What to say to a guy in a text message if your all out of ideas [ 15 Answers ]

I really like this guy and he likes me, but we text all the time and sometimes I run out of ideas of what to say to him. And I want it to something flirty and something that will make him really want to answer and have a conversation with me. Because a lot of times he'll just say haha;) . Do you...

Do I date this older guy or not Follow up! [ 2 Answers ]

:):)for all those who answered the first of my questions thanks ok this is what happened i kept my mitts to myself i concentrated on my work like you all told me to but ever since then he has been a little odd i mean it used to be a good friendly relationship and i just thought he was cute...

TEXT message after 1st date [ 5 Answers ]

Had my first date. Had fun this guy chit chatting for a good 3 hours while having lunch yesterday. Texted him how he was doing and hope he is enjoying his rotation (work). Texted back. "Thanks for everything. Back to work for me. Have a good one." What does that mean?:confused:

Interpreting text messages after 1st date [ 8 Answers ]

So I met this girl online and we met at a tea house for some tea, the date went great, it felt very comfortable for the entire 1.5 hours and we never ran out of things to say. We laughed together and definitely had many things in common. I held out on kissing her at the end of the date. Later that...

View more questions Search