Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthedark_CA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Halsey remote dropped, not working
    Hello. I have a ceiling fan and light combination that does not seem to work without the remote (is there a way to get it to work without... ) and I dropped the remote last week and it stopped working. The receiver light works, I changed the battery and that didn't help, all of the inside switches (sorry, I'm ignorant, surely there is a more technical term for these) are in the 'On' direction, but it still won't work. Does anyone know if there is a repair process, or something I can do at home that might help? The room is pitch dark without the use of the remote.

Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 09:04 PM
    Those little switches are called dip switches, either on/off. Check inside your canopy to see if those switches match

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have a Halsey Ceiling Fan Remote? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I need a replacement for my remote, which broke. It controls the light and fan on my ceiling fan. So without it, I can't use it. Does anybody have one or a Universal remote that would work? Here's the info on the remote: Remote Control Fan speed control Model UC-7040 120V / 60Hz 1A /...

Looking for parts for halsey ceiling fan with remote? [ 0 Answers ]

Need the circuit board part that goes inside the fan for a Halsey ceiling fan

Halsey ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

I saw someone ask a question about replacing the remote for a halsey fan ? I have the same remote which stopped working. Has anybody had any luck finding a universal remote that works? Or is the company still in business to get one from them? Thanks for any leads.

Halsey Ceiling Fan Remote Probs [ 5 Answers ]

I also have a Halsey, dated 2001. I just recently encountered the same problems, but how do I know if it's the receiver or the remote transmitter? I can't get the fan OR the lights to work now. I've made sure the digital freqs are the same, and other combinations don't seem to help. Any...

View more questions Search