Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antiqme1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 05:03 PM
    5th grade word problem
    The owner of a bagel store collected the following data about the number of bagels sold:
    Plain- 9
    Cheese-6
    Cinnamon-5
    Predict how many cheese bagels will be sold if 300 customers are served?

I reasoned the answer out to be 90, since it doesn't tell you the length of time or number of customers from which the data was collected- I assumed from the data that he normally sold 20 a day and 6 of those were cheese, so... 6/20 which is 3/10 and 3/10 of 300 is 90. Teacher said it was wrong... what am I missing here?
    Murdertrain Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Jan 8, 2013, 04:38 AM
    I don't want to say that your teacher is wrong but, adding all the bagels together gives you 20. 6 out of 20 gives you 30% of total bagels sold. 30% of 300 is 90, like you said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5th Grade Math [ 1 Answers ]

What is The answer to 3 x 1/2 in simplest form?

6th grade math: word problem [ 5 Answers ]

There are 4 times as many people as chairs at the town meeting. 24 people had to stand. How many chairs were there? 72, 96, 6 and 24 are not the correct answer. Please explain or show work for solution.

Math word problems (5th-6th grade level) [ 12 Answers ]

Joe spent 1/3 of his allowance on a model airplane. He spent 2/3 of the remainder on a fishing rod. He had $20 left over. How much did he start with? >> I'm starting my son off with a picture that is a rectangle divided into 3 parts (thirds), the first part representing the model airplane,...

5th grade math [ 3 Answers ]

My son came home with homework tonight. Problem solving. Question is : Yasu is making programs for the next band concert. He is using tan, gray, ivory and lemon colored paper. The cover design will be printed in either black, maroon, or purple ink. List all the different combinations he can...

View more questions Search