Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riddiculous Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 06:08 AM
    What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card?
    I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E.
    Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap motherboard w/PCI-E slot (the cheaper ones can't handle the better video cards).

So I'm just curious, what is the PCI-E Video card equivalent to this one?

BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC 256MB AGP Video Card

Details from the BFG website:
    >>BFG Technologies<<

I currently have a 3.0 Ghz (upgrading to 3.8 Ghz, waiting in the mail), 2 gigs of PC3200.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Generally a motherboard has EITHER an AGP slot or a PCI-E slot, but not both. So you can't upgrade from an AGP to PCI-E without changing the motherboard.
    riddiculous Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Yes I know that...
    I guess I'm not wording that right.

I'm trying to find out the PCI-E equivalent card to that AGP one mentioned above.

Mentally, I'm trying to find out shell out $$$ money for a whole system or keep the one I got and buy that video card.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Generally manufacturers will release boards in both AGP and PCI-E versions. So the equivalent would be the PCI-E version.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 16, 2007, 07:57 AM
    ScottGem is correct. Take a look at this model. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP or Video Card? [ 7 Answers ]

My tech support friend and I have been trying to resolve a problem on my system, running XP SP2 and an ATI Radeon 9600, that appeared in the last 24 hours. The symptoms are as follows: 1. Certain mouse pointers have a vertical line about 10 pixels to the left of the center of the pointer. The...

Video card advice.. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm buying a video card but I want to have some advice of what hardware is best for my system.. im using athlon 64 3000+.. my board is nforce 3 k8neo.. Tnx..

Pci slot & video card [ 5 Answers ]

I have received a new video card - Gforce fX 5200. It is a PCI version. Looking at the unopened box I found NO requirements. After opening it and reading the users guide I find: "If you have a PCI CARD, you will insert it into an available white PCI 2.1 or above compliant slot." My computer...

Video card [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, The problem is that I can't get anymore than 16 colors. I have purchased two different VGA card with cd holding the software (drivers). Here's my PC info please help Thanks .

Help with video card [ 1 Answers ]

I was given an older pc. I had to reformat and now I'm having problems with the display. From what I can see, my video card is a 3D-FX. How can I find which version and where can I find the drivers for it. Operating Win95.

View more questions Search