Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moon7669 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Troy bilt super bronco lawn tractor blades won't stay engaged
    The blade lever will no stay. It works fine as long as you hold it in the engaged position
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Hi,
    You did not give a model number, but you gave enough info to tell me it uses manual engagement. Generally there is a spring in the mecanism that's only jobe is to deform and hold the lever in the engaged position. In a machine with the lever in the dash, it is usually concealed somewhere with in the dash. My guess is that it is either broken or unhooked.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    moon7669 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    You did not give a model number, but you gave enough info to tell me it uses manual engagement. Generally there is a spring in the mecanism thats only jobe is to deform and hold the lever in the engaged position. In a machine with the lever in the dash, it is ususally concealed somewhere with in the dash. My guess is that it is either broken or unhooked.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    It a Troy built super bronco model 13bx60tg766. I took the deck off and the lever will stay engaged. I got a new pro cable. I am going to try and ins all it and see what happens.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 1, 2013, 10:31 PM
    Hi,
    There is indeed a spring on the engagement mechanism tha serves to hold the deck engaged and defeat the spring on the engagement cable. Please find it to be item #6 on the drawing and the part #732-04248 is that spring.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

tom69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Great thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt bronco lawn tractor has no gas going to carburetor [ 2 Answers ]

I have inherited a Troy Bilt Bronco riding mower that belonged to my father. He used this twice before he passed away and it has been sitting for just over 2 years now. I replaced the battery and it will crank but not turn over. Here is what I have done... This is a 2009 or 2010 Troy Bilt...

How to overide the reverse switch on a troy bilt super bronco lawn tractor [ 7 Answers ]

How to by pass the reverse kill switch when the pto is engage so I can cut while backing

Remove steering pinion on Troy-Bilt Super Bronco Lawn Tractor [ 5 Answers ]

The steering clicks when attempting to turn left on our Troy-Bilt Super Bronco Lawn Tractor. We are trying to remove the pinion and steering column to check the parts for damage. What is the best way to remove the pinion gear after you've removed the bolt and washer holding it on? Do we need to...

Troy Bilt 42 in Super Bronco Cutting Blades [ 2 Answers ]

I can not get the nuts of to change the cutting blades on mower The original blades are on it. The nut will not turn ether direction.

View more questions Search