Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 09:25 PM
    New Baby
    Ok, I read stories about women from Mexico coming up into the US when the baby is due and giving birth, since that makes the child a US citizen.

So what happens now, the mother is not a citizen and just on a tourist visit.
    Since her child is her dependent, can she get to stay in the US once the child is born? How would they deport her if she has a child who is a US citizen?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 11:50 PM
    Having a US born child does not give the mother/parents legal status. There are 2 choices: move back to their home country with the baby OR stay as illegal aliens in US. The child will be eligible to apply green card for mother/parents when he/she is 21 years of age, employed with sufficient income (125% of poverty guidelines), must be able to submit tax returns of three years.

In case the illegal parent(s) get deported, they have 2 choices: take the child with them OR leave the child in US. Social Services will find them foster homes. If they choose to leave the baby in US, when the child is 21, he/she cannot petition green card for birth parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 01:47 AM
    Then why are so many doing it ( at least according to the story I read) they said there was an entire industry bring pregnant women into US to give birth.

Is it just to make baby a US citizen ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An slovakia and born my baby in ireland?1wk ago is my baby irish [ 1 Answers ]

I am slovakia and I have lived in ireland for 2years , can my son get irish citizen or slovakia citizen if I deliver my baby in 2months time in ireland

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

My son is 21 andrecieves ssi.he has a baby 1month old,can the baby's mother get child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is disabled and receives ssi benfits monthly.he cannot work at all.his girlfriend is trying to make him pay chid support.can she dio this and how?

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

View more questions Search