Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maggerz Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 11:01 PM
    New laptop will not recognize iPhone
    I recently bought a new laptop (hp 2000 notebook, if it helps). I've had my iPhone for a few years now. I have downloaded iTunes, but when I plug in my phone to my laptop, nothing happens other than a message saying the phone is not recognized. I'm severely lacking in any IT skills. Am I skipping a step, or is something up with either of the two?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 08:28 AM
    It sounds like your missing a driver for your phone. Once installed it should recognize your phone. All devices hooked to each other need a common way to communicate. The driver is that link that accomplishes this for you.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jan 8, 2013, 05:45 AM
    Have you been able to connect the iPhone on anouther PC? Also try a different cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My laptop does not recognize my cd/dvd drive [ 2 Answers ]

It is a Sony Viao. When I insert a CD or DVD, it attempts to read them. The light comes on and it sounds as well. Then it stops and the light switches off after a short while. No message apears. No CD / DVD drive shows in "My Computer". The CD/DVD Drive however is listed under the hardware list.

Cannot get Laptop to recognize New Hi-speed modem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm lost... I have an EMachines Desktop (3yrs old) and a Compac Laptop (1yr old) that had both been connected to "dial-up" using Netzero. I just had Hi-speed Internet added through my Cable company. The tech simply connected the Modem to the incoming cable and then to the Ethernet port on my...

My laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive either [ 1 Answers ]

My Toshiba laptop doesn't recognize the CD Rom drive. When I insert a disc, the drive opens and closes. The lights flash, and I can hear the CD spinning. But there is no action on the screen. When I go to Control Panel or Windows Explorer - the CD Rom Drive does not show up. Just my C drive and A...

Laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have IBM R32 laptop that doesn't recognize CD Rom drive in My computer or Device manager. If I swap CD drive with Floppy drive computer recognize Floppy drive. If I put that CD Rom drive in another IBM laptop that laptop recognize him and it works OK. When I put CD Rom drive in IBM R32 laptop it...

View more questions Search