Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khandan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 11:56 PM
    How to create a custom dictionary
    Hi,

I am an assistant professor and I am working on a new method of learning English or any other languages.
    I have a word list of 1000 words. Like this:
    A (an)
    Able
    About
    Account
    Acid
    Across
    Act
    Across
    Act
    Addition

I want to choose or create some texts including only the words of my word list. So I need a program to help me to recognize any other words out of the list, like the Microsoft Word that underlines any misspelled words.
    I have seen the help of the Microsoft Word that suggest creating a custom dictionary, but
    1. I do not have a custom dictionary; I only have a word list.
    2. More important is this problem that the Microsoft Word does not remove its main dictionary; therefore I could not recognize the words out of my list.
    3. If I choose German, for example, as the main language of the computer and add the words of my list to it, what about the common words between German and English?
    I want you to help me in this problem. I want you to give me a step by step solution, and if possible, examine the solution yourself to be sure it is successful.

Thanks a lot
    Ali
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 16, 2007, 08:14 AM
    You can create a custom.dic in MS Word. Under Tools, Options, find the spelling and grammar tab. There should be button for changing and editing the custom.dic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custom T-Shirts [ 4 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know of a website that can make custom t-shirts for me? Thanks P.S. What is going on with the site? I have been a member since 2 yrs ago, I go on it about once a month... everything is different ?

IE bar - Custom [ 7 Answers ]

An acquaintance showed me how to add my own words to the blue IE bar at the top of the screen. I now want to get rid of them (my own words) and don't remember where I was told to go to change this. Please help!

Dictionary [ 3 Answers ]

Someone told me that a dictionary comes with XP. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't seem to find one, but I thought maybe I was just missing it. Thanks

View more questions Search