Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2013, 10:46 PM
    How to deal when your philosophy is opposite "normal"?
    It's hard enough in general but it becomes even harder when you have a family and you have a solopsist, nihilistic type of philosophy.

Obviously you can't accept your children being taught certain things as truth but we're not solely talking "major" things like creation we're talking EVERYTHING... down to the day of the week and less. BUT your children are expected to perform in this manufactured world so what is one to do? Is it a disservice to teach the idiosyncrasies of this world (as I believe it is) to just accept it all but minimize it's relevance or is it better to trash it from the beginning and teach them to only accept it as needed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 12:41 AM
    Better to get professional help and not have children at this time.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 4, 2013, 05:12 AM
    I think it depends whether you mean you have this philosophy, or have this type of personality.
    I see this as an important distinction. I can help with the former, but not the latter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

Not "into" the opposite sex. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 40 year-old female, and I am happy with my life. However, I am just not interested in having a friendship/intimate relationship with a male(as I have grown and matured), I have wondered why this is? In my life so far I have been approached by 1 or 2 males, who have been...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

The "opposite of anorexia". [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, sorry, I am new here, I just joined. However, I joined because of a specific thread on this site called "I want to get fat". It was about a man/woman who wanted to gain weight badly because they thought it was sexy, and they were asking how they could do it. Well, I went and I read that...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

View more questions Search