Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmrodri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
    What is the cheapest DIY house that could be constructed?
    I would like to find out what is the cheapest house that a do it yourself person could build?
    Would it be a modular or Panelized? And what company sells them.

Thank You
    CR
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 15, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmrodri
    I would like to find out what is the cheapest house that a do it yourself person could build?
    would it be a modular or Panelized? and what company sells them.

Thank You
    CR
    Hi Cr, Check out MOTHER EARTH NEWS for yurts. There are back issues with different yurts DIY'd over the last 10 years that range from $750 to $3000. These are not tents, but 400 sf platform constructed structures that use varied siding and roofing from canvas to high-tech polyvinyl laminate(fire retardant) coverings. There are lean-to and small shed design plans that list various materials such as straw bale home construction.
    Nm
    OldManBuilder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Try "The Owner Built Home", by Ken Kern

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DIY heat pump installation - Questions [ 16 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a 1500' ranch house. Interior already gutted. Doing all work myself. Plan to install heat pump and ductwork myself as well. Seasoned DIY'er, but minimal experience with HVAC or ducting. Preliminary research leads me to believe that I should probably go with a 2.5 ton split system...

Cheapest Cinderella wedding accessories [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I live in miami Florida and I have a friend that is getting married next year on April.. her theme for the wedding is Cinderella.. she is very close to me and I love her like another sister.. I just wanted to know if anyone knows a place or website that you can order cheap cinderella...

Cheapest broadband in AUstralia? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the cheapest broadband Internet plan is available in Australia? Thanks

View more questions Search