Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daisys Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Is my ex a sociopath please help
    I have recently split with my boyfriend of 3 years. I found out he had been pestering my friends and family members for sex when he was drinking heavily and on a lot of cocaine. I have also found out he has been sleazy towards my friends younger sister who is 15 and my ex is 26! All this has came out since we've split and it make me sick. After confronting him he has a very convincing story for everything and almost turns it around to be the other persons fault. He tried to separate me from many of my friends and family during our relationship. He denies every accusation but admits he has a cocaine addiction that makes him 'black out' and not know what he's doing. He is blaming the drugs. However looking back at our relationship I think he may be a sociopath. My close friend passed away during our relationship and he did not allow me to grieve instead said it would be better not to think about it and he showed no support what so ever. His communication skills with me started to get worse and he would often shout instead of talking almost without realising. He never speaks of his childhood and does not want to talk about mine at all. He acts like a different person in front of everyone else and it's like a completely arrogant personality. He often steals from people for no reason as its things he doesn't even need for example at friends houses he will take DVDs , ornaments etc just to bin them. He has been in prison a few times for driving offences and craves that rush. He admitted to a family member that he craves the excitement of doing things that are wrong and it's like an itch he needs to scratch. We had a pet rabbit which he adored and showed affection towards which contradicts with the theory of animal cruelty within sociopaths. Apart from that every characteristic seems to be there. After ruining my life and leaving me in a state of depression he has still managed to convince everyone that its all my fault and is playing the sympathy card constantly. He threatens to kill himself ad says he loves me more than anything etc. I told him he may be a sociopath and he said he googled it and seen there was no treatment for it so now wishes to meet to say goodbye. I don't know what that means and don't know whether to help him or stay away? I do love him and wish there was something I could do. Please help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2013, 07:04 PM
    He is a drunk and a drug abuser. Your friend should call the police about his advances on her daughter.

He is scum... you want nothing to do with him... he's an accomplished liar.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Who cares if he's a sociopath? He's bad news, stay away from him and move on with your life.
    Daisys Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Can cocaine change personality or memory loss after use
    Just split with my ex of 4 years. I found out he has been cheating, harassing people for sex & telling lies whilst on cocaine. He says has no memory of any of these events even though I have personally caught him red handed on a couple of occasions. Was just wondering if cocaine really can make someone ' black out ' or change their personality or make them lose control of themselves to that extent.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2013, 07:30 PM
    What does it matter... there is no excuse for using illegal drugs.. and anything that happens while on them is still their fault and responsibility.

Incidentally... he's lying to you... it doesn't cause memory loss... far from it.. its a stimulant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think my sister is a sociopath? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I stumbled upon this site while searching for the definition of a sociopath. Believe it or not, I became aware of a correlation between my sister's behaviour and the term sociopath while watching an episode of SVU. I am from Australia, by the way. Now, I am pretty sure my sister...

How to get a sociopath out of your head? [ 9 Answers ]

How to get a sociopath out of your head?

I think my boyfriend is a sociopath? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so Im trying to figure this all out? Ive been dating a guy on and off for almost eight years. It's the craziest thing, I have left him before he has left me before and we always end up back together mostly due to him its like when he has me, I really don't matter all that much to him we don't...

How to leave a sociopath [ 3 Answers ]

Any advice for a gay guy(me) involved in fifteen year clandestine sexual relationship with a cop who I believed for years to be a confused and in denial bisexual. Found otba few months ago he had gotten married to a woman I know bto be an ivy leaguebgraduate from a wealthy family. This confirmed to...

How do I get away from a sociopath? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been dating a man for 9 months now. Things were always a little weird (he wouldn't always answer his calls, sometimes he would leave at 3am instead of staying all night, etc.), but he always charmed his way out of it when I was angry. Lately he stays with me most nights and has been really...

View more questions Search