Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 2, 2013, 09:26 AM
    Checking on Coverage
    I'm doing this for a elderly friend. Is there any way to check if a life Insurance policy has been taken out in her name without her knowledge? What department would I have to call? My neighbor's concerned that a new friend was asking too many personal questions and I'm trying to ease her worries. Would it be possible to run in a "ringer" and write a policy? My neighbor has terminal cancer and I want to set her mind at ease. Can you help her? Il'm concerned that this is affecting her health. Thanks for any help. Tom
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 2, 2013, 09:46 AM
    The neighbors who offered to clean and then stole?
    You can't find out - there's no central information bank for life insurance. Let them take out a policy - they are throwing their money away. No company is going to pay out when they find out that she had cancer before the policy was taken out. And they will find out. They probably won't even write a policy if she is elderly enough.
    What you could do is a background check on them, or hire a PI to do it. It shouldn't cost too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full coverage? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you get full coverage on a car, do the other cars on your insurance have to be full coverage? Or can they stay at liabilty?

Medicare coverage [ 3 Answers ]

Does medicare cover braces for an adult?

Will I get coverage? [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't had health insurance for 2 years now and had to go to the Doctor a few months ago because I was having issues with my menstrual cycle. End's up, I have fibroids that need to be removed. I just got married last month so now I will have insurance. Will I be able to get surgery to have the...

Media coverage [ 3 Answers ]

A new study "released Monday from the Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ) and Harvard’s Shorenstein Center, found newspapers and broadcast TV outlets devoted far more time to covering the Democratic candidates than the Republicans and that the tone of those stories was much more favorable to...

Medication Coverage [ 1 Answers ]

How and where ( U.S and or Canada) could one order a medication that's not covered by insurance here in the U.S at a reasonable price?

View more questions Search