Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tricky1549 Posts: 126, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Just curious "I buy junk cars"
    Just curious, I see many signs on the streets saying "I buy junk cars". Does anyone know why/what they do with them. I assume they sell them but would like know specifically. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Sell for scrap metal ( a few may be chopped up for used parts, some models the air bag alone is worth a hundred or so wholesale)
    But they crush the cars and sell it for metal weight.

Jan 2, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sell for scrap metal ( a few may be chopped up for used parts, some models the air bag alone is worth a hundred or so wholesale)
    But they crush the cars and sell it for metal weight.
    Boy, you are quick. Just trying to find a way to make some extra income. Thanks
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Some of them get parted out for specific pieces on sites like eBay but as Fr_Chuck said, it's usually scrap metal weight.

Jan 2, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Some of them get parted out for specific pieces on sites like ebay but as Fr_Chuck said, it's usually scrap metal weight.
    Thanks a lot and Happy New Year
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2013, 11:20 AM
    You'd be surprised what diamond in the ruff some of these guys find. For nothing!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 5, 2013, 12:43 PM
    Don't forget the catalytic converters!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2013, 01:19 PM
    In other words, "Your junk is my bread and butter."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Curious "friend" confusion? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have to get some opinions on this because I am finding this hard to get my head round for some reason, so any help would be appreciated. Ok when I was in high school, I used to hang around with a group of boys n girls, one boy I fancied but he never fancied me back, still we were friends...

Where is the "Cars and Trucks" topic section? [ 3 Answers ]

This is the most ridiculous site!! I am IN the Cars & Trucks section searching for answers but don't find one SO I push the ASK button and NOW THERE IS NO CARS AND TRUCKS TOPIC!! What is up with that?? I am so frustrated!! :mad: wroxx

View more questions Search