Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roberto Rivera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 10:26 PM
    Lux Pro thermostast, low battery, after power outrage
    I have 2 Lux Pro psp511a thermostasts in my house, this morning there was a power outrage and both of them say low battery and no display, tried power braker, reversing batteries, fan switch is set to auto if move to on position the fan works, replace batteries, maybe the outrage damaged them ? Do I need new termostasts, if so I wonder if edison can cover it.
    jeffwi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2014, 12:22 PM
    Had the same problem with the same model#, display showed : LO BATT, also the mfg says use only Energizer or Duracell Alkaline? Why I don't know, things still seemed to work but because of display couldn't tell what temp settings.

BTW this happened after power outage (thanks dummies with trees who don't bother to get them trimmed) and the sudden surge when power came back on (thanks SCE) seemed to cause it? At least that's what Lux tech support (856-234-8803) said - burned capacitor (holds small charge) unit is Dead need to replace. He actually said a lot more...

*** but after he explained how to unmount the unit from the wall plate: push tab on bottom then swings up like garage door and I looked at the back and then remounted the unit and pop in the batteries it came back to life! So I'm lucky and need to count my blessings & be humble :)

This is a repost from other - sorry its duplicated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a LUX psp511la thermostat that reads low battery and AC will not come on. I [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced batteries with known good ones and have tried resetting the unit. Any ideas.

An Officer's Outrage Over Fort Hood [ 5 Answers ]

So appropriate I felt this deserved to stand on its own apart from the other thread: By Major Shawn Keller As I noted on the other thread and Major Keller hints at, this administration had no problem concerning itself with "rightwing extremists" like "disgruntled military veterans" such...

Low Battery on Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat that controls the heat and air conditioning (Maple/Chase) says Low Battery. I changed the batteries and it still won't work. The air conditioner won't come on. What do I do? I've changed the batteries before and things were fine.

Low battery light [ 1 Answers ]

The low bat lgiht is on and won't go off. How do I change the fuse and battery and make the display right itself ?

View more questions Search