Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Front load stackable washer issue
    My friend has a stackable washer/dryer set which is about 10 years old and is a Maytag. For a few years, she has found that the washer never completely drains of water and she's in the practice of soaking up the remainder of the water with a towel after each load.

Over the weekend we were working on some improvements to her home when she ran a load of laundry. I looked over and noticed that water was pouring out of the front of the washing machine. The spin cycle would not work and the machine did not drain between cycles. It filled for wash, then without draining the wash water, filled additionally for the rinse cycle. The water was pouring out and we were collecting it with a large rubbermaid tub and towels. I would estimate that at least 20 gallons of water came out of the machine for this single small load.

Any suggestions of what might be going on? Is this something she might be able to repair herself? She's handy if she has good instructions, as am I, but we are far from professionals at these things.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore front load washer washer fills for two seconds and then [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore front load clothes washer fills for two seconds stops and fills again after one minute. Drum fills after a while but unit does not start. This happened after the washer was off balance with a large load.

Kenmore front load washer timer issue [ 5 Answers ]

Kenmore front load washer the timer goes from start to finish in less than 1 minute on all cycles. Will fill with water but that is all

GE Front Load Washer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old GE WBVH5300 front load washer. Yesterday I put a load of clothes in and after a few minutes had gone by on the timer, the washer door unlocked and would not do anything further. Opening the door, I found the detergent just sitting in the gasket part of the door. I first checked...

Kenmore front load washer won't agitate/spin if load too heavy [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore front loading washer, model 417.43042200, won't agitate or spin to complete the cycle if the load is too heavy, such as 5 bath towels. If I take off the back and help turn the drum in the agitate or spin mode it will agitate/spin and complete the cycle. The pump still drains the tub. If...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.