Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jwrath Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Help to choose smartphone!!
    I'm looking for a better smartphone to replace my Xperia Neo V. 512MB RAM is not enough since I'm a gamer.

To be more specific I'm looking for a smartphone with

Android OS
    1GHz processor (dual core) or 2Ghz (single core)
    1Gb RAM
    I don't care about internal storage memory as long as there's a memory card slot
    GPS
    Height - 121 - 125mm (maximum) I don't want my smartphone very big in size, just something normal
    Preferably I'd like to have Mini-SIM and a removable battery, although since the new phones come with a non-removable battery that's not mandatory as long as the battery is powerful of course.

I already found 2 smartphones but I'm yet to choose.

Motorola RAZR I XT890

Or

Samsung I8190 Galaxy S III mini

Problem is that I heard about problems with these phones.
    Motorola XT890 is said to have problems with games since it has an Intel processor. Not all apps are working, that's what they say.
    Samsung Galaxy mini is said to have overheating issues and auto turning off. I wouldn't want it to turn off in an unsuspecting moment.
    Actually I've heard this overheating issue for other Samsung devices as well, like Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II, not just Samsung Galaxy S III mini.

Of course if anyone has another model to suggest I'd like to hear it.

Looking forward for your opinions.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 31, 2012, 12:51 PM
    You claim to be a gamer and then give details of any droid phone on the market.
    If this was true you'd be looking at cutting edge Nexus device with a large screen and quad processor..
    Jwrath Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2012, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You claim to be a gamer and then give details of any droid phone on the market.
    If this was true you'd be looking at cutting edge Nexus device with a large screen and quad processor..
    I'm not looking for the latest technology in smartphones, large screen and things like that.
    I just want a better phone. Xperia Neo V is not up to the challenge.
    The important things are 1Gb RAM and no overheating and auto-turning off whenever it feels like it. I can overlook all the rest.

And of course no large screens. I'm not interested in Ipad size smartphones. Just normal size.

As for the Nexus I don't know about that. I'm from Greece and we don't have things like that here. :P

I'm just looking for a good smartphone, not an Alienware laptop.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jan 7, 2013, 09:44 AM
    I have a recent Consumer Reports magazine and the Samsung Galaxy SIII gets very high ratings.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
    I and a few of my close friends have the galaxy s3 and LOVE it!
    bellawatson123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 03:39 AM
    Have a read of this... It helped me choose mine!

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/Mobiles/2012/09/how_do_i_choose_my_first_smartphone
    smartjazz Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 04:37 AM
    Hmm I also recommend the same. Samsung Galaxy SIII is the best one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat and smartphone [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a thermostat that I can operate from my smartphone. I would like to be able turn on my ac When I leave work so its cool when I arrive home. Suggestions?? Thanks Mike

My motorola smartphone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my phone has frozen can u help me please?

Smartphone usage [ 1 Answers ]

What percentage of baby boomers use smartphones?

Smartphone/ PDA? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a smartphone and a pda?

SmartPhone Deduction? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all! First post... I'm thinking of upgrading my cell phone to a "SmartPhone" (able to run Word, Excel, Outlook, browse internet, etc.). I work in the IT industry and would be doing this to help me in doing my job, however my employer does not provide my cell phone nor will they purchase the...

View more questions Search