Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 05:44 AM
    Women Newscasters
    Women Newscasters Example anchors, weather girls. They state fashions for Mrs. Smith are from Saks fifth avenue. Do the women newscasters get to keep those expensive fashions?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 31, 2012, 06:00 AM
    Usually not, from what I have seen on TV when the subject comes up. I have a feeling that they are offered the clothing at a steep discount though.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Thanks. I wondered about that. Because the fashions are worn and considered second hand
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 09:53 AM
    In Los Angeles, I watch the morning news before work and have noticed the newscasters repeat clothing. It makes me think they might own them.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 10:22 AM
    In Miami they state the women newscasters are wearing Adrian of Paris fashions.
    That would be great if they could keep them. Maybe the high profile anchors get a better deal than the weather girl.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor1189 View Post
    In Miami they state the women newscasters are wearing Adrian of Paris fashions.
    That would be great if they could keep them. Maybe the high profile anchors get a better deal than the weather girl.
    They never talk about what they are wearing in L.A. So, that leads me to believe they buy their own clothes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
    Can not say for news casters since never saw that anywhere I have ever lived.

But for most TV shows, the clothing is owned by the station and keep as wardrobe. And or the news caster only gets to use it for TV show or TV events.
    If given to the newscaster the issue of gift and reporting the outfit as taxable income is an issue.
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2013, 03:35 AM
    Oh I see how it works. I know a top news anchor demands she be pick up in a limousine as part of her contract with the station.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

It had a women in the movie getting rubbed down with oil by 2 native women. [ 4 Answers ]

I think it was action/adventure movie from the 80s with a tribe of head hunters

What personality traits do Black Women have vs. Asian, Iranian or White Women? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to think of myself as a strong willed and independent African American woman, and have been recently dating a person who is from Iran. Now for the most part things are great but I have a feeling that he doesn't understand the personality traits of Black Women vs.the women he has dated...

View more questions Search