Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeamEdwardJace Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 08:54 PM
    I have a question for early childhood educators. Can you please answer the following?
    I've been wondering for ECES, when you get vacation time. If you work in a full day kindergarten classroom, I’d imagine you have summers off possibly and perhaps take vacation on march break and christmas break?

What about in childcare centres including in the preschool room. Do you have time to on family vacations with your kids, friends and relatives (for those who are younger like me like if you go away with your parents or what not and also with your friends)

Also what about the policy for weddings and honeymoons. Are you able to get time to prepare why four your wedding and to go on your honeymoon? (In the summer school teachers may have the opportunity to go during the summer but as an ece you may be working the year around with time off course like weekends.)

I just want to to know.(btw, I'm not planning on automatically get married right now lol)

What about if a friend of yours was getting married? Would you have time off espically if you were in the bridal party? Would you be able to get away if the vacation was in another country or outside the province? Would you have time for the bachelor party?(I live near Toronto btw)

How would your age or how long you've been working there affect this?

And yes I know, that you have to fill out forms to request time

Also I want to be a writer. Will I able to have time to do this while being an ece and have a social life and lesiure time?

Are there any other eces who have other careers like singing?

For regular eces, espically for the younger ones, how do you find to have a social life and leisure time? Do you still go go out clubbing?

I am also working on a series of young adult novels. Could that deter me as an ece because of the content they feature(sexuality will be explored but in relation to romance among other themes and yes I know that love and sex don't always go hand in hand). I would stress that these are for teenagers, (of at least 14 or 15 would be recommended) young adults and older. This is something I would stress that parents of children who are schoolage and that depending on their grade level and reading level may not be developmentally appopriate

Thank you for your help and please answer as best as you cann.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
    Do you want a Kindergarten teacher answer or preschool? ECE's will not get you a position in a public school Kindergarten. In the U.S. you will need a B.S. or B.A. in some states. You'll need more in others,
    TeamEdwardJace Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Do you want a Kindergarten teacher answer or preschool? ECE's will not get you a position in a public school Kindergarten. In the U.S. you will need a B.S. or B.A. in some states. You'll need more in others,

Hello, in ontario with full day kindergarten, eces may work along side with the kindergarten who may also have a diploma or degree in ece
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 1, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamEdwardJace View Post
    hello, in ontario with full day kindergarten, eces may work along side with the kindergarten who may also have a diploma or degree in ece
    Wow! An aide then?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's your opinion of the following questions ON ECE (Early Childhood Educators?) [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so , I'm studying to be an ece but I was wondering the following. Can ECEs still have a healthy social life and lesiure time ( espically since many eces are starting in their 20s, including early 20s and would like to be able to see their friends, and enjoy their 20s) Can ECES go...

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Early Childhood [ 3 Answers ]

What Does it take to become a Early Childhood Teacher:p

View more questions Search