Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mextexdad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Samsung laptop spacebar itermittent
    I have a 3 year old Samsung laptop that has an intermittently functioning space bar. It works if tapped enough times, but is quite annoying. I'm afraid to spray switch cleaner under it. Anybody have any ideas?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Switch cleaner won't work because there are no exposed switch contacts that would work on. What you need is a replacement keyboard for it. How easily you can get one or how cheaply is anyone's guess.
    mextexdad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 07:59 PM
    That's obviously not what I wanted to hear, but sounds reasonable.
    Thank you for the reply.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Many times the answer isn't what we were hoping for... true mechanical keyboards all but went extinct over a decade ago... do to cost and complexity... there are literally only a few places that still make them for purists... but those are for desktops and not laptops.

If you don't need to carry this around... you can always use a USB keyboard and mouse for a desktop... that will extend its life if you find a replacement is either not available or too expensive.

Yes I used my first computer 34 years ago... and have nonstop ever since.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung plasma connection to sony laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my computer Sony Viao vgn-sz780 to my Samsung TV pn42a450p1d via a VGA cable. It worked one time before but when I repeat the steps to do it again it doesn't work. I can get my TV to have a PC source but it keeps saying "check signal cable" or "no signal." I have installed...

Connecting laptop to TV Samsung lcd [ 3 Answers ]

When I try to connect my packard bell easy note laptop to my Samsung 40inch lcd using vga cable in PC mode the TV just switches itself off.the laptop isn't the greatest but runs on xp and I would have thought it is capable of what I am asking it to do.do I need to change the settings on my laptop...

Need audio drivers for the Samsung x05 Laptop [ 1 Answers ]

hi to all, I have Samsung x05 laptop, recently I formated harddisk and installed windowsxp. Now the audio drivers are not taking send me the link for audio drivers as soon as posible laptop model is Samsung x 05. thanking you yours narayana

View more questions Search