Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
    How to get published
    I have recently read your post on how to get published, but I couldn't post a comment on it so, I decided to post a question:
    What publisher did you go to see for your work? If more than one, what are their names or business companies?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 03:22 PM
    It depends on what you are writing. I wouldn't send my family cookie recipes to a fashion magazine or ask a publisher of children's books to publish my book on how to make wine.

During a year's time, I wrote two articles about autism and approached an autism magazine to publish them (which they did). A magazine on parenting might have accepted them too, but I didn't try that.

Many publishers prefer to publish books on certain topics. That's the first thing to research--who publishes what. The current edition of Writer's Market is what you need to look at. Your public library should have it. Then you need to put together a terrific proposal and direct it to a specific editor at an appropriate publisher.

Does that make sense?
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Yes, it does. Thank you very much Wondergirl!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting my Novel Published [ 5 Answers ]

I have been writing a novel for quite some years now. It has 3 parts-each about 15 chapters. I did not start to write it with intentions of publishing it but now that I am finishing up the book, the thought has crossed my mind. However, I have no idea where to begin. Do I look up local publishing...

How to get published [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently writing a book, and I am interested in submitting it to a publisher to be reviewed to see if it is worthy of being published. What are the usual steps in trying to have the best chance. I just have the amateur edited edition... what are the steps? Should I get it professionally...

How do get published [ 4 Answers ]

I am almost done with a book of poetry I am compiling, and does any one have any information and/or tips on how to get published.

View more questions Search