Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bayhorse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Transferring property to a revocable living trust
    I would like to transfer three properties that my husband and I own jointly. We set up a revocable trust and now we want to fund that trust with our property and other things.

What type of Deed would I use to transfer these properties from our names to our trust.

Can you provide me with the proper document to fill out? I live in New York..

Thank you

Catherine and John:rolleyes:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Hello bay:

For real property, I would use the services of title company, because if you do it wrong, it was a futile exercise from the beginning.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Because the actual trust will be the owner of the property and the administer of the trust will control the property once it is transferred. Also the trust will be responsible for payments of the taxes and insurance, so the trust will need to be funded also to do this.

This is much more complicated and detailed, it is in all actual sense a sell of the property from you to the trust.

You really need to get a real estate attoreny to do this, first to be sure that the trust is set up property if you did not use an attorney for that, and second to be sure the property is transferred property also.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Who set up the trust? They should be doing the transfer of assets to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights in Viewing Will/Living Trust [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend (female) that was living with a guy for over a year and between them they had a child. The guy found out that he had cancer so he assured my friend that he would make sure that there was a fund set aside for his daughter. The guy died a week ago. There was no mention in the obituary...

Jealousy, Trust & Living apart [ 1 Answers ]

I have been seeing my boyfriend for 2.5 years now. I used to work with him and did not realise he had a girlfriend the first time he asked me out. After the 2nd date (when he told me), I was already hooked. He said his last relationship was a brother/sister relationship and that the lust had...

Transferring of house [ 1 Answers ]

I was also wondering about transferring ownership of a home with no mortgage. My father in law has alzheimers and is no longer suitable for independent living. He will eventually end up in a facility of care. What we want to do is to avoid giving the house to the government if possible.

View more questions Search