Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 05:28 AM
    US Passport and credit
    I have a family member wanting to come visit me in China. They have bad credit, perhaps even a judgement. I joke that I would not take cash from them without a ID.

So they have applied for a passport, so they can come to China on a tourist visa.
    They will apply for the visa after they get their passport.

Will the bad credit effect them getting the passport?

Is it an issue with the visa ?
    ** if so, I can visit them in Hong Kong, they can stay in Hong Kong for 90 days without any visa. Just on US passport.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Will the bad credit effect them getting the passport?
    No. The State Department doesn't care about their credit rating when determining whether they qualify for passports.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Is it an issue with the visa ?
    Perhaps. Check with the Chinese authorities who issue visas.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 06:15 AM
    When submit application for visitor's visa at the embassy, one needs to provide financial document to show that he/she has enough $$$ to cover all expenses during the trip.

Don't worry about bad credit... have fun!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2013, 03:00 AM
    Thanks, while not right, they have money, but also lots of old debts they are not paying.

I have this week off for New Years vacation, then work one week, then I get 6 weeks off for Spring break. I think they are coming over during the spring break time for a bit.
    Although winter not the best time to be here, it is almost freezing every day and falls below every night. But then it did in America most days during winter also. ( or close to it)

We can get the visa done in one or two days ( plus one or two days fedex shipping) or they can fly into Hong Kong and get a visit visa in a few hours though a agency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had made a passport and it expiered few years ago, should I submit that passport [ 0 Answers ]

I had made a passport many years ago and it got expired too (more than 5 years over). Should I submit that passport when I apply for the new one?

Renewed passport recently but old passport with visa to usa lost... what 2 do? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I renewed my passport but my old passport in which visa for usa was stamped ,got lost. What am I supposed to do?

2009 felon passport rules,can passport be obtained? What courtries will turn away fel [ 5 Answers ]

2009 felon passport rules. Can a passpotl be obtained? What countrys reject felons? 2009 felon passport rules. Can a passport be obtained? What countrys reject felons?

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search