Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcloud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2004, 08:22 AM
    INDIANA LAWS:  Father is moving
    Joint custody, father states he is moving. Is there a law/statue in Indiana that requires him to notify me that he is moving? I remember something about 30-60 day notice but I need to confirm.
    amySlater Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2004, 07:21 PM
    This is pretty standard in all arrangements.
    Hey there,
    Even though there are no real definites in life, it is pretty common procedure that the custodial parent(s) must inform the other party to the agreement. This is also true in nearly every type of agreement that is written up by a court. My sons father has made it very clear that he wants no part of him or his life and the court says I have to notify that bastard 30 days ahead of a planned visit or move out of state. This has never been enforced despite my continual hoping from the Carolinas to here. I guess it just depends on how many of the involved parties actually care that their kids are moving. So my answer to your question is yes but you need to see the actual paper itself to determine if the notification has to be in writing. The fact that you even know that he is moving will probably suffice in helping him to prove that you were notified. Now it may actually be written in that he must notify the court as well, if that is the case then you may have something. I hope that you would have a copy of something as important as your custody agreement, but if not you can dig up your divorce decree somewhere. I would start with the department of vital statistics.

Amy
    rebeca Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2005, 03:39 PM
    He is required to give a 60 day written notice and if you should contest it, he has to prove the reasoning for moving... such as a job that makes more than he could possibly make where you are. If he choses to move anyway, then he has to do visitation on your terms. IE: paying for transportation, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black     ural Nationalism [ 1 Answers ]

Why would the formulation of a black aesthetic have been necessary at the moment in history of the Civil Rights / Black Power movement; and is it still a useful ?

View more questions Search