Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveislam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Wedding Culture
    Assalamualaikum
    To start of with I am a Muslim Alhamdulillah. So one of my friend is getting married on June 2013. She asked me to be one of her bridesmaids, I said okay at the moment cause I didn't want to disappoint her. The problem is am from Kenya , and our wedding is different all sort of of people come , relatives and not non-relatives including guys from all kind of ages. So everyone dancing , especially the braid-maids. We dancing by shaking our A#$ while each bridesmaid is partnered up with a guy and is not like grinding or anything but I know is haram , and now we in American they change the fact we cover our hair , now we have to open them and I do not have long hair I know 100 % they'll add extension cause every bridesmaids have to have the same hair style as the rest , cloth and everything and they also make the girl wear short sleeves but now Everyday I'm realizing I made a bad choice, and regretting, any idea how I should tell my friend I don't want to be her bridesmaid without making her hate me ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Explain to her that you will be a bridesmaid but will not dance improperly that violates your religious beliefs.

She wants you to be a bridesmaid during the wedding, dancing and hair extentsions are not requirements, just explain that you will do it, but must follow your religious practice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ideal culture vs. Real culture [ 5 Answers ]

How does ideal culture differ from real culture in U.S. society from other countries?

Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?

Is Rape Culture a new 'sex' culture? [ 14 Answers ]

I currently am writing a short summary response to an article and found this one to be the most crazy one ever. On college campuses rapes occur to be about 60-80 percent in occurrence. Only aobut 8-6% have been reported. Where is this all happening? In high risk fraternities, high risk as in risk...

What do you understand by the terms mainstream culture and counter culture in referen [ 1 Answers ]

What do you understand by the terms mainstream culture and counterculture in reference to the 1960s, was there one counter culture or were there may different counter cultures, what were the characteristics of the counter movements, was there a straightforward distinction between mainstream culture...

View more questions Search