Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BeachBirdie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Nordyne intertherm pilot light won't light on M1MC
    I have a M1MC Nordyne Intertherm. I have followed instructions 5 times to light up the pilot light. (it is the one where you just turn the knob to light pilot) It will not light. When I turn everything back on, the motor will run and the red indicator light will indicate that the pressure switch is open. The yellow indicator light does not light up at all. The motor will run, but no heat will come. The blower will not turn on and the pilot light will not light up. What is the issue? Can I fix this myself?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Can you smell or hear any gas at the pilot. Could be a plugged orifice or a bad gas valve.

Dec 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
    No smell of gas whatsoever. So sound of leakage at all that I can hear.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
    If you are sure you have gas to the heater, then refer to my original post. Are you pushing the gas knob down when in the pilot position? Some gas valves are very particular about being in the exact position to allow the valve to be pushed down. If you can't push the valve down, you are not in the proper place or the valve is bad.

Dec 28, 2012, 10:33 PM
    After messing around with it a bit more, it appears to have something to do with the pressure switch. After some time of "jiggering" it around I got it to start up. So it looks like the pilot light will kick on after I bang the pressure switch lightly with a hammer in the right direction. I am told I now have to go online to find a new pressure switch because they don't carry it at home depot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My lennox furnace won't light the fan blows the pilot light lights it clicks but won't [ 0 Answers ]

My furnace will not light pilot light lights, it clicks to start but burners will not ignite fan also works

Pilot light on intertherm furnace model g [ 0 Answers ]

Originally posted October 11th 2009 - I have acquired a small mobile home with the same style and model Intertherm furnace. The instructions given were vague... I was wondering if there were more specific instructions for manually lighting this furnace where no provisions exist. I don't see any...

How to light pilot light on Intertherm Nordyne Model# MGH-100-AAWN-05? Made in 1987. [ 0 Answers ]

This furnace worked fine one day, but would not fire the next. Thermostat would click when I turned it up, but furnace would not come on - no sound at all at furnace. Then 5-10 minutes. Later the blower would blow cold air for a few seconds. I am not the original owner of this home, but have...

Pilot light on intertherm furnace model g [ 26 Answers ]

How do we light the pilot light on an older model intertherm furnace ?

Pilot light on Intertherm Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older model Intertherm Furnace.. Its 30 years old.. How do I light the Pilot light?

View more questions Search