Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copper83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Water in Oil Pan
    I recently bought a salvage vehicle. The oil cap was left off and water got into oil pan. To my knowledge the vehicle started once and only ran a few minutes. How do I insure there is no water in engine. I have already changed the oil and will change again after running a 100 miles. Any other suggestions?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I would also change the oil filter. Driving 100 miles is less wise than running the engine for 2 minutes and then draining. If there is water remaining in the oil sump, 100 miles is enough to allow damage, 2 minutes is more than enough.
    civicracing369 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Mar 16, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Get an engine cleaner for the inside off your engine it will clean it up a bit in the lignes running inside might save you trouble in the long run.
    swalther Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 07:55 PM
    It's not the water that can really hurt a motor... it's the antifreeze... have you ever tried washing oilly hands in just plain water... I wouldn't sweat it too much...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Chevy truck water in oil pan [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 96 Chevy PU Truck with a 5L engine. Water is getting into the oil pan. I have pulled all the spark plugs and none of them show any signs of water. Where else could it be coming from?

Water trap under shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Is a drain trap necessary under a shower pan installed in concrete.I am hoping to install a pre finished stall in my basement. There is rough in plumbing for the sink ,toilet bowl and stall previously installed. Not really sure if the trap is pre installed.thanks for your...

Toilet pan water disappearing [ 1 Answers ]

Why after flushing the toilet pan does the level of water then start to drop over a period of approx 1 hour. It doesn't drop below the level of the waste pipe. There are no signs of leaks, (ceiling below sound) floor in bathroom is also dry. Toilet is on 1st floor. This has only recently started to...

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

Drain pan full of water [ 2 Answers ]

Our AC unit located inside, is dripping water into the drain pan. However the drain pan and bottom of the floor is full of water? Where does this water go, and do we need to call a service tech. The unit seems to be working fine, even though it is over 10yrs old. Im very unfamiliar with the unit...

View more questions Search