Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venture Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
    Who supplies the weather mats?
    Who would supply the weather mats for a company? The cleaning company or the company itself? If the cleaning company, should they be rented out to the company or should they be bought and reimbursed by the company being cleaned?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
    HI Venture, how are you?

We always push for the client to provide these mats which are very helpful in the winter months. They pull an extremely low profit when sold or rented.

I would suggest to your client that they rent them and have the rental service replace them at designated terminals. Then they have fresh ones and you don't have to clean them.

Stringer

Dec 27, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Hi Stringer,

If we were to provide them, how much could we rent them for?. monthly.
    Business Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Since we don't do it Venture I am not sure but I still say that the profit is low and that makes it a pain.

Research it and contact a local supply company and ask them about mark ups on average. Maybe you can do well with this client.

Stringer

Dec 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
    Thanks Stringer, I will do that... weather mats make our job easier.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 09:23 PM
    I know that were I work we rent them. I once asked why we don't buy our own. The answer is, the cost is less than half once you take the cost of buying, washing, etc, into account.

The business we rent from handles everything from uniforms, mats, mops, etc. etc. They have the equipment to clean these items at a low cost. That's how they stay in business. As a side business, it wouldn't be cost effective at all. Better to rent them.

I hope that answers, or helps with, your question. :)
    Business Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 11:33 PM
    Alty, as usual you are right on gal.

I agree Venture. It takes 10 steps to remove most of the slush off shoes so these mats help tons. Renting them consists of replacing them when they are filthy so this is good as once the mats are filled with water and slush they are completely ineffective.

Dec 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Thank you Alty and Stringer... The two of you have mentioned points I hadn't thought of... 10 steps for slush dropoff... hadn't even crossed my mind. Thanks again.
    Business Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 10:46 PM
    As always... welcome.

Have a great New Year.

Stringer

Jan 1, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Happy New Year.
    This week I'm working on 3 bids... small ones approx 4,000sq ft each. When doing the walk through they all showed me what the current cleaner was missing. Then they all kept saying "as needed" while walking around saying what they wanted done. It's almost like they didn't want to commit to paying for that service and that's why the current cleaner wasn't getting the cob webs in the corners or dusting or cleaning windows... These were definitely cases where they just wanted the lowest bid. Ok, I could be totally wrong but when encountering these potential clients, should I make any kind of mention/reference to them wanting the lowest bid and that's why they end up with crummy cleaners?
    Business Expert

Jan 1, 2013, 01:16 PM
    My advice Venture is be as detailed as possible in your proposal. These tasks that they said are 'as needed' should be listed to the specs at a defined interval. Example, unless you kill the spiders webs they can form over night... something like this should read as; 'check for cobwebs daily, clean when necessary.'

Explain that the best way to keep your client's property as clean as possible 'as needed' doesn't go far enough, they take pride in their property, value it and want clean surroundings.

You also value what you do, and the value for what you provide is of utmost importance. Please consider in depth what we propose and the value we provide.

'Cheap' is just that... cheap. Getting value for something is a smart move.

Be competitive, price accordingly.

Stringer

Jan 1, 2013, 07:29 PM
    Stringer, you're 'cheap' comment is a no brainer to me but not obvious to everyone... I will diplomatically try to enlighten them. Thanks again Stringer... you've been a great help and every time I go on a bid I think to myself, *What would Stringer do/ask/say... *

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a firm purchases supplies for use in its business, and the cost of the supplies [ 2 Answers ]

13. When a firm purchases supplies for use in its business, and the cost of the supplies purchased is recorded as an asset, the following adjustment to recognize the cost of supplies used will probably be required: A. Dr Supplies Cr Accounts payable B. Dr Supplies Cr Supplies expense C. Dr...

Where to look for mats [ 4 Answers ]

Um, I feel kind of stupid asking, but I am kind of training to be a cheerleader, and I was wondering if you remmeber the cheapest mat you ever saw?because I lkive with a single parent and she works hard enough and really can't spare 500 for a mat that isn't even that long.so if you know of any...

View more questions Search