Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeorgeBorge Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Isn't MTV and it's JerseyShore etc Cast doing Abuse to minors by Showing Sex?
    I thought Adults showing sex to minors was illegal and yet MTV knowing that teens watch their channel, knowingingly shows TVshows where Sex is shown or implied even encouraged.

Why is the law people just let this go like it's nothing ?

MTV even tries to lure teens into their channel by having other interesting Real Life or whatever documentary shows that are good but then they mostly put other junk and Reality TV sex/or implied sex.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
    MTV is a cable channel. Don't like it? Don't pay for it or watch it.

I haven't watched MTV in over 20 years and my kids couldn't care less about it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2012, 05:46 AM
    Cable TV is not as regulated as broadcast channels. Cable TV is subject to parental controls. So the only laws that might apply would be obscenity laws. And I doubt is MTV goes as far as to step over that line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child sex abuse [ 4 Answers ]

I was asked to attend voluntary at the local police station for questioning about an allergation of rape of a girl under the age of 13 and sexaul assult of this girl and her sister there is no avidence to prove all that is to hand is the girls word I answered all questiond denying all...

Boyfriend isn't interested in sex/turned off by me initiating sex? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm at my wit's end and need help! Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years just moved in together 3 months ago. We've had our ups and downs and have made it through a lot of tough times together. In the beginning of the relationship we had sex as much as possible. We were...

Minors having sex in ca [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I find the law in print for the state of CA on minors having sex with minors?

Period isn't showing up. [ 2 Answers ]

I usually always write down when my periods are on my calendar, but I had so many things going on in the month of May (a death in my family, interviews for a new job, among other things) I wrote down everything else on the calendar except for that! Now I have very normal period cycles, I always...

Minors having sex! [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what laws in CA are there for a 17yr old male to have sex with a 16 yr old female. Can the 17 yr old be charged with unlawful sex with a minor even though they are both minors. Where can I find more informationon this topic?

View more questions Search