Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pioji Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 12:26 PM
    How much gas I will waste?
    I have a KIA RIO 2011 and I'm planning to go on a trip... but I don't know if to drive it or take a place... I think it would be cheaper to drive it. Does anybody know around how much I will waste on the trip from chicago to California?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
    You aren't wasting any...

You have to factor costs of everything you didn't mention like plane fare, rental car when you get there meals and hotels along the way.

Its impossible to give an answer based on the information you provided.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 06:23 PM
    How many miles ?

How may miles per gallon does your car use?

Divide MPG into total miles, that will give you how many gallons of gas you will use.

Then multiply this times how much gas costs now in the US.

This will give you how much money on gasoline you will spend.

Plus you will need food and most likely a motel. Add that cost in for your travel costs.

Then look at airfare, (assume you were saying plane, not place) and rental car when you get there,

That will show money, then look at time to drive and what is that worth or not woth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do about sewer gas smell coming from my drain waste vent? [ 2 Answers ]

There is a terrible raw sewage smell coming from the drain waste vent (DWV) on top of my roof. The sewage smell can be smelled from 4 houses away. Because the sewage smell was also coming from manhole covers, the city has been out twice to flush the main sewer line and also plugged the holes in two...

Heat wrap waste pipes insulate first or heat wrap first on pvc waste [ 1 Answers ]

Have mobile home in Ohio. Waste pipe froze. Do I wrap pipe with insulation and then heat wrap or heat wrap first then cover with insulation?

Waste of gas [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: This is the first time I'm using this system. Question, I have a pick up toyota tacoma 2003 with a fuel problem, is giving me about 10-11 miles to a gallon of gasoline. I took this truck with many master mechanics and they can figure it out, so please if you could help me and...

Connecting second floor waste to main waste stack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have new new modular cape that had the first floor plumbing complete, and the second floor stubbed, and want to know the right way to connect the second floor waste drain which was installed in the house, to the main waste drain. The main waste drain comes up verically from the basement floor...

View more questions Search