Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dx4530 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 11:51 AM
    How can I create a copy of the current O.S. on the computer?
    I lost my windows xp home edition reinstallation cd that came with my acer laptop, Is there a way how to create such a cd from my current laptop? Is it possible to create a copy of the current operating system on the computer?

(Microsoft doesn't warranty windows xp since 2009 ,and my laptop is not anymore in the warranty period , but I do have the product key in bake of the laptop I just need a genuine copy of windows xp or any acer windows xp installation cd)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 26, 2012, 11:53 AM
    Sorry, but no.
    You can clone your current setup, but this would be of limited use.

Are you certain there is no recovery partition as Acer's do tend to use this route.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Check to see if you have a small (10 G) D drive. If so, this is probably your recovery partition and you may still be able to create restoration disks from this.

Check the Acer website and see if you can find instructions for creating restore CDs for the exact model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Batch file- Copy current date files [ 3 Answers ]

Dear experts, How do I create a dos batch file to copy only todays(current date) files from the directory.

How can I create a url for any music in my computer? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a program on my space page that I make a playlist based on urls of music on the net but I can't find some music I like. I was wondering if I can create my own url of my songs.does anyone know?

Want to write program to create computer driven car [ 4 Answers ]

How hard would it be to write a program that takes input from 4 wireless high-speed digital video cameras and use it to be able to drive a car? My idea is to write this program, put sensors on the manual controls, and use RC servos to control controls. Use the sensors slaved to another comuter in...

Copy a book to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can scan a book into my computer to read for myself only without getting into trouble with copyright laws

View more questions Search