Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    demarie123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 12:45 PM
    How do you unclog a toilate?
    I have tried a plunger, of course first. Then went to Lowe's and got a toilate auger 3' and tried that, still the toilate will not flush without me having to turn off water and let it SLOWLY drain out. Is there anything else I can try before calling a plumber?
    Thanks!
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 15, 2007, 12:51 PM
    It sounds sily but have you tried putting your arm down it and feeling for a blockage? I used to use those toilet rim blocks until they kept getting stuck in in the u bend! I had to keep putting my arm right down there to pull them out! Very gross.
    demarie123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by demarie123
    I have tried a plunger, of course first. Then went to Lowes and got a toilate auger 3' and tried that, still the toilate will not flush without me having to turn off water and let it SLOWLY drain out. Is there anything else I can try before calling a plumber?
    Thanks!
    I have put my hand down, there is a very small hole, cannot feel any blockage. There is a bend and that is it. I hate so have to call the plumber and spend all that $$ if I don't have to.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 08:34 PM
    There are a few ways to clear the toilet. The toilet auger you bought, it has a wire ball on the end, open the last 1/2" of that wire ball and make a 'finger'. It will grab the obstruction. Also, I have used a wet vac on a full bowl and I put the hose to the bottom of the bowl and turn it on. It evacuates the bowl quickly and the momentum of the water pulls back the clog. I have removed deoderant that way. The auger works best on a dry bowl. Some obstructions float and the water keeps them in the clogged area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drainage unclog/reclog [ 5 Answers ]

I own a home built in the 30's. My entire drainage system has been sluggish for about a month. Now it's totally backed up into the toilets and bathtubs. I snaked the line from the septic tank towards the house, then a bunch of sewage came along and drained into the tank. I thought the problem was...

Unclog toilet drain [ 7 Answers ]

I live in a 2nd floor apartment. I used a clorox disposable toilet brush cleaner and it was accidentally flushed down the drain. Is there anything I can do to either retrieve it or can I try to push it down into a larger pipe. What do you advise. My landlord states I will have to pay a plumber to...

View more questions Search