Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrme75652 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
    How do you copy music from a computer onto a CD-R blank disc?
    Have music on my computer and want to have a CD of the music I have. Just wondering how do I get the music from my computer to the blank CD-R
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
    You can use windows Media Player to "burn" music to a CD.

Dec 25, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Tried that but I keep getting a "Device can not be found" after I go to Media PlayerIt does say RW DVD compact disc Rewritable on my cd/dvd drive but still no luck
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
    You need to use a CD and not a DVD.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Dec 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Make sure you are using a music CD, not a data CD. Some devices will burn music onto a data CD, some will not.

Dec 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Using a CD-R
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Dec 27, 2012, 06:26 PM
    I have never had issues using a regular data cd-r instead of music cd's. I think music cd's are a bunch of bunk. They come as 650mb instead of the 700mb data cd but every cd I have created with regular cd-r plays fine on all the devices I have tried.
    When you buy a cd from the store it comes as CD-DA which is actually tracks of uncompressed wav files. You can't even read the names of the songs if you look at it on a PC, it just says Track 1 Track 2 etc. Also the bitrate of the files you want to create the cd with are important for a quality sound. The best are FLAC files, which are compressed a little but in a way that loses no quality. Remember though, if your making a cd with 192kbps mp3's, the quality is diminished but you can fit a ton of songs on one cd. Some players may not like 50 tracks though. Try a trial of something like Easy CD-DA Extractor which can convert, extract, and create cd's. Do not try converting a 192kbps mp3 file to uncompressed wav or flac though, you can never recover the lost quality by converting up, even though the files will grow in size.
    Stevoway Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Download Win Amp and follow directions, Or update you're Windows Media player to 11...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My DVD recorder will not combine blank or erased portions on a disc. [ 2 Answers ]

When I have several recorded programmes on a disc and erase some after watching it no longer combines the erased portions into one complete erased sections, sio I get lots of individual portions.

How do I reboot my computer without using the disc? [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know how can reboot my computer without using the disc?

How do I copy music from media player to MP3 at present copied music shows [ 2 Answers ]

Music copied to MP3 player plays on computer but not on MP3 which shows "no data"

View more questions Search