Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alvarado8 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Who really owns the property
    My original question was this
    I purchased a house on land contract --- The warranty deed is in one persons name and he quit claimed the house to his girlfriend. She is the one who I have the land contract with. Is it legal? And can he take the house back?

What I did not include was ---

Raymond - purchased the house and financed it through a bank. There is still a balance owed to the bank. He then Quit Claimed it to Diane (girlfriend). She then signed a land contract with me --- Does this change you anser?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 12:35 PM
    As long as Diane had the deed recorded, she owns the property and has the right to sell it. But the property is subject to the lien of the mortgage that Raymond obtained when he financed. That mortgage has to be paid in full when you get the deed or you won't have clear title.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
    But I will say that it is not uncommom for property being sold on a land contract to have a mortgage against it, I do it myself. I use the payment I receive from the person with the contract to pay my mortgage. The idea is that your payment pays for the house, and since you are paying more and longer, it will be clear before it is time to sign a title over to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding out who owns a property [ 7 Answers ]

I See A Piece Of Property I Am Interested In But No One Knows Who The Owner Is Or How To Find Out If The Property Is In Foreclosure Or What, How Can I Find Out.

Who owns ! [ 4 Answers ]

How fast can a home sell if the owner falls behind on a few morage payments? And can I still be living in the home that they sold, if its not mine anymore?

Who Owns House Now that Ex-Spouse Died? [ 3 Answers ]

1. Fifteen years ago when I divorced my husband, I signed a Quit Claim Deed. 2. He refinanced and paid me off. Last year, he paid off that refinance loan and went into a reverse mortgage agreement. 2. Our son (25 years old) lived in the house with his father, my ex-husband. 2. My...

View more questions Search