Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Qpcthomas Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Should I apologize?
    Someone had hurt me. I was angry and I acted crazy. I still wanted this person in my life but continued to act very angry. I see him a year later (yesterday) and I was a bit rude because of stupid girl emotions and ego. I feel awful, being mean didn't help at all and nowi want to apologize for the whole past year. I wrote a short email. I want him to forgive me and a response would be a bonus. Should I?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 07:10 PM
    How about talking face to face?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 07:34 PM
    No, not really, what do you want out of this, obviously you are still upset and emotional. Are you wanting to try and get him back ? Since you said a response?Also why do you want to apologize since obvious you still have bad feelings over this.

What about not being crazy and rude to others in the future
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
    I would say that apologizing is always a good thing, if you do something wrong. But do it face to face, and make it clear that you aren't trying to maintain contact, you just realize you behaved badly, which he didn't deserve, and you wish to apologize.

If that's your only motive, then I say go for it. If your motive is to regain a friendship, or relationship, then leave it alone, you're doing it for the wrong reasons, not because you're sorry for your rude behavior.

Dec 23, 2012, 01:51 AM
    Well I was rude because he was hurtful. I actually do want to keep in contact with him. Not for love because I'm married but for friendship, I don't see what is so wrong with that. Yeah I'm hoping that if I apologize and make my end of it right that we can move past this and possibly be friends again. I would love to talk face to face but I don't think he is willing to so I thought I'd just send the email instead. I notice a trend on this website.. a lot of people say don't apologize. I was always taught that apologies make you the bigger person and are good. Maybe I was wrong.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2012, 03:01 AM
    And your husband who you are married to, knows of this contact and is OK with it, since he may not see it the same way ?

Dec 23, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Yes! Lol

We are just friends
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
    Why don't you just cool off first, both of you.Then see what happens.

Jan 1, 2013, 10:58 PM
    Well in case anyone stumbles to this topic again I will quickly add that I sent him an email asking him to meet up, I told him I wanted to talk to him about what had happned. I never got a response and its been over a week. I'm cool with that though, it was almost like closure and since then I have felt back to my old self. I didn't apologize and that's okay because he should have apologized first.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Regardless if you apologize or not, learn from this situation. Take a few moments to think about the situation before reacting negative. I can't think of any situations where a negative reaction improves the situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to apologize [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to apologize for any and all old, outdated posts I posted on last night. I got into the whole 'answering' thing, and started posting like crazy in the wrestling section. After about 5 posts I realized a lot of these threads are about 3-5 years old. I guess it could be used as a...

How should I apologize for this? [ 2 Answers ]

So I came on here about a month or so ago, asking for advice on my girl. Well things have been going up and down for us. I said a few wrong things and she didn't want to speak to me anymore, but somehow she forgave me, and we started talking again about 3 1/2 weeks ago. We actually became real...

Should I apologize? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for a couple of weeks. He is 42 and I am 25. He is in the medical industry, so he is always busy and work and traveling. A few days ago I caught an attitude because I don't get to see or talk to him much. I realized that I was being very immature, but that was after the...

View more questions Search