Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    second chance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Need money for bonding and tools for work
    I am a 38 yr old convicted felon working in the millwright / pipefitting trade I have tried going through the department of labor to get bonded and help with tools with no results I did the crime and I did the time for it and now I'm still paying the price even after trying to prove I can be a productive member of society my pay is barely enough to get back and forth to work and the my background is holding me back in a field I excel in
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Welcome to life. Everyone else that wants to do that work has to do the very same thing. They don't get a break because they never did time. You will be going through exactly the same that anyone else has to do. Its not being unfair to you.

Borrow the money from someone or take an extra part time job to earn it.

I'd like to start my own business... but I don't have the front money to do it either. So I do another type of work. That's not being mean... its being realistic.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Two totally different issues here - bonding, and money.
    Eventually you may be bondable. I don't know why you think you are entitled to money for tools. You save pennies from working for someone else the way everyone else does.
    Part of this seems to come from all the scams ads I see (especially on this site, since they are keyword based ads) saying 'grants for felons.' There is no such thing. You might get an education loan, that's it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal Bonding for Ex-Felons Seeking Work [ 6 Answers ]

My name is mr tiptoe. I currently seeking to become knowledgeable on how federal bonds (issued by the fedral govt.) insure the perspective employee that their business is covered against loss of funds inventory and property, giving them incentive to hire me, an ex-felon. Need addresses or...

Outlets have power, lights work, won't run tools [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all this is my first time here. My problem is in my detached garage that has its own elec service separate from the house (I get 2 bills). 100 amp service in the garage and 200 amp in the house. I tried to install a garage door opener and the outlets in my garage won't run it, the...

For those frustrated w/ power tools that don't work. [ 1 Answers ]

Check out this frustrated guy... Angry Man Shoots Lawn Mower For Not Starting Angry Man Shoots Lawn Mower For Not Starting, Milwaukee Man Accused Of Shooting His Lawn Mower Because It Wouldn't Start - CBS News

View more questions Search