Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Phone Jack
    Have a telephone line that goes into the answering machine/ Also I have a fax mode on a printer. Currently I disconnecting the telephone jack from the answering machine and plug it into the printer with the mode on fax machine and send and receive faxes.Then unplugging and returning it to the answering machine.

Isn't there any due splitter I can put on whereby I do not have to disconnect
    The answering machine to send a fax.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Having a split jack, and you can buy them, won't do you any good. You have to have a dedicated fax line; or basically a phone line and a separate one with a different number for your fax machine.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Yes you are right. Had the answering machine set up to receive a fax, after it hears the fax signal otherwise it answered the phone call.. But it confused my wife.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
    And when the fax is coming in, the telephone has a busy signal. So you are missing calls, and possibly when on the phone, missing faxes because there is a busy signal on the fax. So I hope this isn't a business fax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Antique four prong phone conversion to modern phone jack [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique phone that came with a four prong phone jack. How do I rewire it so it will work with a regular phone jack?

Is phone service required for DSL connection via phone jack [ 3 Answers ]

I am setting up a DSL internet service with ATT which requires a phone Jack but there's no phone service for a land line? Other than the service and purchasing a router do I also need to arrange phone service to the jack?

I need to rewire phone jack to match main phone number [ 10 Answers ]

I had 2 phone lines coming into house and recently cancelled 1. I would like to rewire cancelled # phone jack to receive my other number so all house phones will be on the same line.I have been playing around with the switch over. I have looked at the other house jacks and tried to duplicate still...

I want to convert a phone jack to be the main phone jack. How do I do that? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use the phone jack in my basement to connect my Vonage phone adapter in order to distribute the service to all phone jacks in my house. But I need to convert it to the "main" jack in order for the Vonage signal to be distributed. I was told I should be able to convert this jack to the...

Can a wall phone jack be replaced with a flush jack [ 3 Answers ]

The wall jack currently has some gray pieces already wired however the wires have disintegrated can I cut this off restrip the wire coming out of the wall and install a regular flush jack. If not how difficult would it be to rewire a wall phone jack?

View more questions Search