Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e_hunkin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 11:53 PM
    Sample letter of request for job position
    Hi, I need to ask my previous company a job in contracts and collection. I haven't worked for them for 8 years. Can someone please help me with a sample letter?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 19, 2012, 11:56 PM
    Since you know far more about the company than we do (we know nothing), how about if you write the letter and we will help you tweak it and make it excellent? Please don't use real names, etc.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 12:01 AM
    Here's a start --

Body of Cover Letter

The goal of your letter is to get noticed as a prospective employee even if the company isn't hiring immediately. Your letter should explain the reason for your interest in the organization, and identify your most relevant skills or experiences and explain why you would be an asset to the organization.

First Paragraph
    The first paragraph of your letter should include information on why you are writing. If you know someone at the company mention it now. Be specific as to why you are interested in this particular company.

Middle Paragraph(s)
    The next section of your cover letter should describe what you have to offer the employer. Again, be specific as to how you can help the organization.

Final Paragraph
    Conclude your cover letter by thanking the employer for considering you for employment.

Closing

Best regards, (or Very truly yours,)

How to Write a Cover Letter for an Unadvertised Job
    e_hunkin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 01:43 AM
    Hi thanks, I personally know the person I'm writing to. I recently lost my husband and lost everything but they are not aware my situation. I just do not know how to put it in words. I'm really stuck!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by e_hunkin View Post
    Hi thanks, I personally know the person I'm writing to. I recently lost my husband and lost everything but they are not aware my situation. I just do not know how to put it in words. I'm really stuck!
    I'm not sure you have to lead off with all that. Would you direct the letter to that person you know or go straight to HR or the person who accepts resumes and applications? Get the interview and then explain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a request letter to hr for the job I got [ 0 Answers ]

How I should write a request letter to HR for the job. I APPLY THE JOB OF LOCUM INTERN. I go back to my country because of some important personal matter. I am already in my country when they sent email to me that they offer me a job. I can't come back right now because visa application in my...

Sample letter to request production of documents [ 2 Answers ]

Contract or agreement upon which the debt is based

I need a request letter for job change in my company? [ 2 Answers ]

Currently I am working a Warehouse assistant in a company but I am very intrested to work as a Sales man in same company.Can somebody compose sample request letter for my job change ? My key skills in sales : Greet customers Find out the customer's needs Describe a product's features and...

View more questions Search