Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piggrabb88 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Phone wet
    I revived a Samsung years ago fell in toilet.
    Today spilled soda on my verizon lg
    Touch. Both screens dead but keys and
    Sound OK. Know a good way to dry.
    Maby screens are ruined. It wasn't
    That much soda. Hell the toilet couldn't
    Kill my old phone. There's 2 screens
    One on outside and one inside of
    The folder on this lg phone I
    Need ideas
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
    I've heard of blow-drying the battery compartment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 06:48 PM
    There are many tricks, but today's phones are not water proof, and have much more complex electronics than old phones did. If the phone was on, most likely it shorted out something in the phone and a new screen may be needed. But as noted a blow drier, put in a sealed plastic bag with rice to absorb moisture,
    smartjazz Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 06:04 AM
    Better you should go to near cellphone repairer if your phone is not water proof.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2013, 10:44 AM
    My neighbor (a contract U.S. security officer in Baghdad) packed her phone in rice last week to dry it out, and she was successful but I do not know how it got wet or what the liquid was but I assumed water.
    For what it's worth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wet, sweaty pipes outside and inside wet panel on unit but no cool air. [ 0 Answers ]

My central air n heat unit is not cooling but it is running inside and out. My pipes outside are wet and the panel inside is too. Why is that? Did the unit freeze up?

Can a existing wet line with a vent exiting on the upper part of the wet pipe be used [ 2 Answers ]

Can a existing wet line with a vent exiting on the upper part of the wet pipe be used for a 2nd bathroom being contemplated for a 2nd floor farmhouse. Both the wet line and waste vent are both located in the basement. They were installed for a first floor bathroom. Please see attached pictures.

Suddenly wet carpet.no wet vacuum availability [ 3 Answers ]

I have about 2 square feet of carpet that got sodden from leaking "wall event'.. have sopped up with towels but am concerned about mildew etc. I have no wet vac capability Advice?

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

My cell phone got wet [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if there is a way to get pics off a wet cell phone, it comes on and makes call but I can't see the screen very well its real dark, the memory is still there

View more questions Search