Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wvjordanb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Making Fudge
    I am making fudge using Andes candies. It calls for 6 ounces of mint choc. Chips. Now, I have 2 boxes of Andes candies. Each box weighs 4.67 ounces and has 28 candies in them. How many mints total are needed to make the 6 ounces?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Just break them up until they measures 6 oz! Is this a homework question?
    wvjordanb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 02:42 PM
    I am not a student. I need this to make some Christmas fudge. I don't have anyway to measure or even have a way to buy anything to measure with. So I need to know how many pieces is equal to 6 oz if 28 pieces equals to 4.67 oz.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Hmmm, this is what I figured: 4.67oz divided by 28 equals .17oz - taking into consideration the wrapper, I guess I would put each piece of candy at .15oz. Then, divide 6 oz by .15oz, you get 40. So I would guesstimate 40 pieces. (I'm just whipping this out, so please check math - curious, how are you going to measure the other ingredients?)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Weight is always net weight. You need 8 more from the second box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fudge [ 2 Answers ]

I need a recipe that uses cocoa, either milk, evaporated milk, or condensed milk will be fine. Just a basic easy recipe. I have found a few but Im not happy with the results. Most call for powderd sugar or just won't set up. Any help will be appreciated!!

Fudge anyone? [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know any amazing fudge recipes? I'm willing to cook or whatever. Wanted to make some amazing chocolate and/or peanut butter fudge for my boyfriend for v-day.

Easy Fudge [ 5 Answers ]

Who wants an easy Fudge recipe?? Well you take a jar of vanilla or chocolate icining and mix it with a regular sized jar of peanut butter I think 12 or 18 oz. blend together with mixer spread in pan and refridgerate it is goood and easy to make no double boiling and no cooking yay:D

Best Fudge Recipe [ 3 Answers ]

What is the very best fudge recipe that you have? We're looking for something on the creamy side with a nice chocolaty flavor.

Looking for your best FUDGE recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have a really "great" recipe for fudge? Not the kind you have to use a candy thermometer with, more of a easier one. I'd like to make some for Christmas gift giving, one you have tasted and know its great. Thanks :)

View more questions Search