Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcampbell34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 09:59 AM
    What will show on an FBI Finger check and background check
    I am applying to an Illinois University for my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education. Unfortunately when I was younger and stupid, I got a DUI in Illinois and a DWI in Missouri. I had an attorney for both and got them "taken care of". BUT, I know they are probably still on my record, right? If the University does a background check, will they find these charges? If so, will that hurt my chances for acceptance into the University and later hurt my chances for a career in that field?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
    If it was a documented court case and not expunged then yes they will show up. That's what background checks do.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 12:51 PM
    You say you "got them 'taken care of' ". Does it mean that you weren't convicted of the charges? If so, it shouldn't affect your licensing chances. Whether the university considers this when you apply for admission is up to them. You had best be prepared to explain the record in the best light.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 07:49 PM
    I agree "taken care of " is not a legal term and we have no idea what was done.

So run a criminal background and a motor vechile report on yourself and see what shows up.

Fingerprint check will show who you are and if you were ever fingerprinted under a different name.

Criminal background will show any criminal conviction on your record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will EXPUNGED conviction show up on Live Scan finger print background check? [ 23 Answers ]

I have a conviction that was expunged. The conviction is from 2002. I have to do a Live Scan fingerprint background check for a very good job opportunity as I am a social worker and work with troubled youth. (the conviction was nothing related to children, abuse, or sexual misconduct). Does anyone...

Will a traffic violation arrest show up on a FBI background check [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 18 and 19 I received several speeding tickets and didn't pay them. They issued a warrant and I got a arrested. They booked and fingerprinted me. They then allowed me to pay for my tickets and released me. It is 13 years later and they are doing a FBI national fingerprint background...

View more questions Search