Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 08:56 PM
    He knows you are interested in him. Let him contact you. If he doesn't, he may not be interested.
    rvbernier Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 06:45 PM
    How can I make him my boyfreind?
    Yeah, so I kind of already sort of asked this question like a day ago, but I really need more answers, so I'm just going to ask this a different way.

I really like this guy, he's cute, fun, has a great smile, has complimented me in the past, played football, is smart, and I'm so infatuated with him! I want to make him mine! But I'm kind of a shy girl and I could really use some help.

I did ask him to the movies the last day we had a class together (we don't have a class together anymore) but I see him in the halls right before school starts and for about 7 minutes between one class. He said he couldn't go to the movies cause he would be out of town that weekend, so it wasn't a no (which made me very happy even though it wasn't a yes)

So, where do I go from here? Should I go up to him and talk to him in the halls? If he's with his friends should I just go up and say hi? What should I talk about (the first time I'll ask about his classes and stuff, but after that?)

And how about texting? Should I text him first? What should I say? Just a simple "what's up?" and let him take it from there? (He never texts me first cause he probably doesn't think about me like that or he's shy.)

So, I think he may like me, cause like I said he's complimented me on occasion (about my make-up and a flower I put in my hair on a spirit day once) and when I sat someone behind him, I would see him turning around to look at me out of the corner of my eye a lot.

So I've talked to him, complimented him and smiled and tried to seem like a fun girl, and I invited him to the movies like I said. I get nervous a lot, but I manage to sound somewhat intelligent around him.

So, what should I do you guys? How to I win him over? How do I make him mine? Try and answer all parts of the question(s) if you can! That would really help me out!

P.S. I already have his number, and I forgot to mention we are both seniors in high school.
    Now Answer Away!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 07:30 PM
    There is no need to keep starting new post on this subject.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ml#post3381992
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...me-730521.html
    You can't make him yours or make him like you. You can let him get to know you. Speak to him when you see him, text him "hello" ask him out. He will either want to be with you or he won't.

Jan 28, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    There is no need to keep starting new post on this subject.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ml#post3381992
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...me-730521.html
    You can't make him yours or make him like you. You can let him get to know you. Speak to him when you see him, text him "hello" ask him out. He will either want to be with you or he won't.
    Sorry! I'm just not getting many answers, so I figured if I posted again more people would see it, since usually the newer posts are seen first. I just really need some advice. I've posted this question on 3 different websites and I still haven't gotten any good advice. So I'm just trying to make sure I do this right.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 09:46 PM
    You've gotten advice just not what you want. There is no pat answer to this. We can't guide you step by step and we can't tell you how to make him like you. We don't know this guy. He may like you, he is probably shy. You just keep speaking to him, text him hello. Ask him out again. He will either respond or he won't. If he doesn't it is probably because he is not as interested as you are.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 PM
    Of course all her thread were merged

At some point you are going to actually go talk to the guy and take a risk because there is no sure fire advice that's guaranteed perfect results.

Either it works or it doesn't and it comes down to you actually doing something. I don't think he is as interested as you are since he has made no move just chats as you seem to chase, and that's seldom a good sign.

It's a red flag when you have to do all the work, and he does little or none.

Jan 30, 2013, 08:15 PM
    Should I be worried/Threatened?
    I talked to him today! I just walked up and was like "Hey stranger, how you been?" (He's not really a stranger, I was just joking around).
    So we had a good conversation for a few minutes in the hall before we had to separate for class.
    So I guess my next step is to keep talking to him everyday, get more comfortable with him, and get him more comfortable with me.

But there is one thing. He's always talking to this same girl. When I've seen him with girls he's known for a while, he's very friendly and playful with them, teasing them and pretending to be hitting their face while their talking. He doesn't do that with me, but he hasn't known me that long, and he's still super nice with me.
    So does that mean he thinks of me differently than these other girls. And should I be threatened by this girl he's talking to in the halls? (I think they're just friends, but I'll keep a close eye on how they interact with each other just in case)

So I had a pretty nice day. :) I have regained hope and confidence! Let's keep it rolling people!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
    It means he has known her long enough to be that familiar with her.
    There is no need to post a different question on the same topic.

Jan 30, 2013, 08:30 PM
    It means he has known her long enough to be that familiar with her.
    There is no need to post a different question on the same topic.
    Okay, but can you not thread them together? Because no one will see it then.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 08:35 PM
    They will be seen. Stop starting new threads on the same subject. People need to know the whole story when they reply. Every Time you post again people will be alerted.

Jan 30, 2013, 08:38 PM
    They will be seen. Stop starting new threads on the same subject. People need to know the whole story when they reply. Every Time you post again people will be alerted.
    So anyone can see it? Or just people who have already replied to this thread.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 08:56 PM
    Your question is always out there. If people want to respond, they will.

Feb 2, 2013, 04:14 PM
    How did they find out?
    Okay, this is sort of a long story, but I'll try and keep it short.
    I went to talk to the guy I like to ask him how his calculus test went. As I walk up, two of his friends start laughing like crazy, but he's not, he's answering my question. I didn't pay much attention to them, until one of them followed me later that day. I looked at his twitter feed and noticed that him and the guy that had been laughing had a conversation about a funny hallway moment, and they said #ginger. I assume that was me, since I'm a redhead. So then, like 9 more people start following me, and the first one who followed me(who said #ginger) retweets something I said months ago that pertained to my crush (He doesn't follow me, but this guy and all these people who started following me, he follows them) then another person he also follows but doesn't follow me retweets the same thing. I look through some of their feeds of the people who followed me, and some of them have posts with the guy I liked tagged in them that might be about me.
    I blocked them all, but what's really freaking me out is HOW THE HECK DID THEY FIND OUT I LIKE HIM! I never told anyone I didn't trust, and I certainly never told anyone who might be friends with them. So now I don't know how I'm going to talk to him. Cause I bet they retweeted those things to tease him about it. That's the only reason I could think of as to why they would do that. What do you think? Do you have any other theories or do you think that might be why they did that?
    And I don't know how I'm going to talk to him now, cause I don't know what he knows, and he's almost always with his friends when I see him. And one of the friends he's always with is the one who first followed me.
    How am I going to approach him now? I know I should probably just ignore his friends, and I really don't care about their opinions at all, I'm just afraid of being embarrassed in front of him. I really like him, and I don't want anything to ruin me possibly having a relationship with him.
    Is there any positive way to spin this around? Cause I don't see one.
    So what should I do?
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Feb 2, 2013, 04:58 PM
    You didn't tell anyone you didn't trust? I think you did.
    I would forget about this, and stop it from causing you so much distress. Be honest and respectful of others, and meet some new people. I wouldn't let this be part of my life anymore. Good luck, and I do wish you the best.

PS. What I meant is that I think you told someone you thought you could trust, and that person betrayed you.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 2, 2013, 05:05 PM
    You told someone or maybe you posted something online that someone figured out. The other answer is that you probably act differently around this kid and someone just guessed that you like him... then your reaction proved it to them.

Let it go. Life is too short to worry about things like this. When you get out of school, you will see this wasn't that big of a deal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2013, 05:15 PM
    When things get this dramatic, backoff and let it die down. Sometimes we are so intent on having our heart's desire we miss a lot of other things we need to pay attention to. Like him while friendly, is NOT making any move to you and others are all up in your business.

Leave this alone for a while.

Feb 2, 2013, 05:15 PM
    I don't believe that was the same topic as the rest of the posts I did, but I guess there's not much I can do to change that, is there? Oh well.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 2, 2013, 05:36 PM
    I don't see what you're freaking out about. The guy knows for sure you like him, so do other people. So what? What difference does it make how they found out. It changes nothing. They probably knew long before this incident.
    Does this mean you are not going to talk to the guy anymore?

Feb 2, 2013, 05:40 PM
    I don't see what you're freaking out about. The guy knows for sure you like him, so do other people. So what? What difference does it make how they found out. It changes nothing. They probably knew long before this incident.
    Does this mean you are not going to talk to the guy anymore?
    No, of course I'm going to talk to him, the problem is, he's always with his friends, (which intimidates me already, and one of the retweeters is one of his friends whose always there) I'm just going to be super nervous now, which might make me wimp out a lot, but I'm still going to try to talk to him. I don't want to give up yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search