Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amihome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 06:47 PM
    My gold fish have white spots on tails
    I bought 5 gold fishes to my tank last week. It's 7 days now.. 3 have white spots on their tails. Iam really worried.. I cleaned my tank the plants everything.. And filled water 4 days before adding fish. What I have to do now.. Please help

Ami
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
    They have Ich or "Ick". It is a parasite that Goldfish get and it will kill them if they aren't treated.

Ich Disease | Causes, Symptoms, Cure and Prevention
    Amihome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Thank you for the answer. What I have to do now? Can you suggest any medicine?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Go to a pet store and ask for a cure for Ich.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement Ring: White gold, gold or silver? [ 2 Answers ]

What's recommended for An engagement ring White gold,gold or silver any advice?

Gold fish [ 2 Answers ]

I had two gold fish in a tank 1 was smaller than the other day by day I noticed that the smaller fish was losseing bits of its fins tail etc then I cleaned it out 1 day it had 1 fin left on it (poor thing) I don't no whether the other fish was eating it or it was bad! I took it out of the tank and...

Gold Fish [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Got a 10 gallon tank for my son Christmas. Yesterday I bought 9 gold fish. It looks like there is plenty of room for other or more fish. I am also thinking of adding real plants. The thing is the info I am getting on the net is 10 gallon tank is not even big enough for one gold...

Red Spots on gold fish? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently own a 5 gallon tank with 2 goldfish and a pleco. The tank was just treated for high ammonia and the fish were put back in today. One of my goldfish, a comet, has a cluster of red spots near his tail fin. I did some research but I came up with a lot of possibilities. They were Red Pest,...

Fish without tails [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Zach and my teacher and I have a big problem. Our fish keep dying, but not just of any death they have been dying without tails. My teacher has never heard of this before so we we wondering if anyone could tell us what is going on.

View more questions Search