Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindan2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Bidding on a job
    Hello... my name is Dan and I've just recently decided on going into business for myself. I've decided that commercial pressure washing is what I want to do but I'm not sure how to bid on the job. Is there a certain formula to use concerning the amount of money to charge?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 07:56 PM
    I know that your question is old. But, I noticed that no one had answered it. So, I thought that I would make an attempt. Even if you do not read my answer, perhaps it will help someone else who might have a similar question in their mind.

I do something similar to you and also do any scrubbing that is necessary. I figure my wages for something like this to be $20.00 per hour. So, what I do with customers is figure out about how long that it is going to take me and charge accordingly at $20.00 per hour.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 08:21 PM
    By the way, I know that you didn't ask but I thought that you might want be interested in a little information on how to advertise your business for free without paying someone to do the advertising for you.

In case you may want to get some free advertising for your business, please read the following:

Advertising on the Internet does not have to cost a cent. I have been doing it for over two years. I have hundreds of ads on the Internet. They are all free. I get the most results from my Internet advertising. More so than from my Yellow Page ads in the local phone book. Although, ads in the Yellow Pages are still necessary because of some people who do not have a computer, or if they do have a computer, are not on the Internet. The Yellow Pages are probably the first place that most people are going to look for services in their local area.

In a Google search, try typing in Quad Cities Piano Tuner, Piano Tuning Quad Cities, Piano Lessons Quad Cities, Handyman Quad Cities, Quad Cities Wedding Musician, Clough Quad Cities, and see what happens. Almost everything that you see on the first three or four pages will be my ads. And, these are not the only things that I advertise for in the Quad Cities. I live in Rock Island, IL which is part of Iowa - Illinois Quad Cities. If you look at any of my ads you will know how to word yours. Keywords are essential to bring people to your ads.

This site gets excellent coverage in Google, but it is not to be used by the members for advertising. Because of words that I have already typed in this message to you, if people are looking for the things that I have described, such as "free advertising for your business", this message will start to show up in searches, not only on Google, but in other search engines.

This has all just been a way to demonstrate to you the power of advertising easily and for free on the Internet.

I hope that it has been helpful to you! If you need anymore information, please let me know. I would be glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a job [ 3 Answers ]

Where should I get a job I need one fast

Will I still have a job? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All Please help me if you can Im very worried. I started a new job the end of November last year and had a probabtion of 3 months. I then had to have time off at the beginning of Feb tp have an opertation on my knee. Work were fantastic and have supported me throughout. They told me that...

Looking for a job (any!) [ 0 Answers ]

In 100 words or less why would you like to be a retail trainee?

View more questions Search