Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
    Helpful ideas for cutters--from mogrann
    My name is mogrann and I know what you are saying when you say you don't trust anyone or want to call the help hotline. I was there at one point. I still struggle with the phone to this day, even with people I know.

It is hard what we are asking you to do. I realize that, but the rewards for you are so huge. You came here asking for help. That is what we are trying to do. Self injury can be tough to beat but can be done. You will need help with it.

Couple things I would like you to do:
    1. Write out what you would say to someone to ask for help. Write it out for a stranger and for a person you know. Pretend the conversation is happening. Write out what you would say to them.
    2. Make a list of people you can talk to.
    3. Don't let your fears stop you. Being scared is normal but sometimes we have to fight it.
    4. Do some self soothing before you talk to someone. There are things that help smooth out your emotions. For me it is coloring, crafts, reading a happy book, watching a happy movie, playing WoW, a hot bath, rubbing lotions in my hands and feet or snuggling with a stuffed animal.

Self soothing is different for every person. Pick what helps you.

You can do this.

S.A.F.E. Alternatives (Self-Abuse Finally Ends)
    800-DON’T CUT (800-366-8288)
    Website URL: http://www.selfinjury.com/

In Crisis? 1-800-273-TALK

Check out some similar questions!

Helpful ideas for cutters--from mogrann [ 1 Answers ]

My name is mogrann and I know what you are saying when you say you don't trust anyone or want to call the help hotline. I was there at one point. I still struggle with the phone to this day, even with people I know. It is hard what we are asking you to do. I realize that, but the rewards for you...

Cookie Cutters. [ 3 Answers ]

I basically need to know if I can make cookie cutters out of anything... I could build the shape myself, I just need to know what I could possibly use to make the shapes.. (: Thanks in advancee.

Cutters edge chain saw [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cutters edge(jonsered) chain saw used in the fire service, it will not start, very weak spark, most of the time no spark. I replaced the module and the spark is the same very weak. Is there a coil or a set of points under the flywheel. Any and ALL help is appreciated. Thanks, Jim:confused:...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search