Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmfender Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 12:31 PM
    25-amp branch circuit, condutor derated to 70%. Circuit supplys receptical outlets
    25-amp branch circuit, condutor derated to 70%. Circuit supplys receptacle outlets, the overcurrent device must be sized at not over (15) (20) or (25) amperes?

Which is correct?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 01:05 PM
    What does your study guide say?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 06:06 AM
    Curious, does the text happen to tell you why you are derating the conductor by 0.7?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 AMP Circuit with 15 AMP Receptical, is this OK, and in code? [ 5 Answers ]

This is sort of similar to the other thread, but my problem is the house I bought is wired with 12, all the breakers are 20AMP except for the 30AMP for the AC and Dryer. When me and my dad were changing the power recepticals, which were 15 amp, someone told us that we should have 20 recepticals, or...

Can you put in 15 amp outlets with 12 gauge wire on a 20 amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

Can you put in 15 amp outlets with 12 gauge wire on a 20 amp circuit these are just regular household outlets not used for dryers or refrigerator. Or should I replace with 20 amp outlets

Can I use 10/2 wire too run 8 20 amp outlets on one 20 circuit [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use 10/2 wire too run eight 20 amp outlets on one 20 amp circuit, the wire is larger than called for and my friend told me that you have too use 12/2 wire??

How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? [ 3 Answers ]

How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? I am doing some wiring in a new garage I just built onto my house. The electrician I used never came back to finish the job and stop returning my calls. I am pretty sure I can finish it myself but I am having trouble. According to the plans all...

Mixing outlets & lights on same circuit [ 3 Answers ]

Is their any reason that electric outlets and electric lights can not be on the same circuit?

View more questions Search