Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Cats, Cows, College.
    The Dying Irish Nun

The wise old Mother Superior from county Tipperary was dying. The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her comfortable. They gave her some warm milk to drink, but she refused it. Then one nun took the glass back to the kitchen.

Remembering a bottle of Irish whiskey they had received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened and poured a generous amount into the warm milk.

When she walked back at Mother Superior's bed, she held the glass to her lips. Mother drank a little, then a little more. Before they knew it, she had drunk the whole glass down to the last drop.

"Mother," the nuns asked with earnest, "please give us some wisdom before you die."

She raised herself up in bed with a pious look on her face and said, "Don't sell that cow."

Value of Degrees

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Cat Rules of Hampering

If one of your humans is engaged in some close activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping", otherwise known as "hampering." Following are the rules for "hampering":

1. When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted. It's even funnier when they try to avoid stepping on you and fall into a counter or table.

2. For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book, unless you can lie across the book itself.

3. For paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work or at least the most important part. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap the pencil or pen. The worker may try to distract you; ignore it. Remember, the aim is to hamper work.

4. When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to jump on the back of the paper.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Many thanks for the day brightener! That college joke is fairly true too. Lol
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 15, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Hey... who taught my naughty kitties this?? LOL

G'morning Tal.

Thanks for the laugh!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 06:24 AM
    I just KNEW that cats plotted!
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Mar 15, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Our cats do that (soo they have a plan do they... evil)LOL
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 15, 2007, 03:50 PM
    You left out the one about when you are typing a VIP (very important post) LOL cats think that is the best time to walk across the keyboard to add some flourishing touches of their own.

If you ever see smething livkse tis in ay of my posts I aam clai,ming c at typing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

2 cats [ 6 Answers ]

I've got 2 cats one is a 2 year old and the mother of the other one that was born in June. Both are female. The mother is VERY laid back and affectionate the youngster is the opposite yet they've always got along, till now. I just walked into the kitchen and as usual the young one nudged mum out...

How many cats do you have? [ 8 Answers ]

We were planning on having 2 kittens but we might go with 3. Is 3 too many? Right now it would just be me, my husband and the cats but we are going to have a baby sometime in the next year too.All the kitties would be inside. What is your experience with numbers of pets? Thanks!

Cats [ 2 Answers ]

I will be bringing home a six week old boxer puppy soon and I already have a 1yr old cat. He is very active and aggressive how can I integrate them with out him hurting the puppy?:o

View more questions Search