Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bloodhound8 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Girlfriend mad at me and goes to a party and drinks when she says she won't drink.
    Hello, me and my girlfriend have been dating for 6 months now and we both love each other... well I know I love her and she says she loves me more than anything... but we fight every now and again, about stupid small stuff... never anything big. Recently I lied to her about something that... in my eyes at first was insignificant , then 5 minutes later I told her I lied... and she got extremely mad not talking to me etc... the lie was me telling her I had to talk to her about something... when later I said I didn't have to talk to her about anything... stupid yes I know but regardless... That night she said she had a Christmas party to attend to with her co workers. I asked her earlier before she was mad if she was going to drink, she asked if I wanted her too, I said no, for the sole reason that there was this guy that tried to take advantage of her many times before when she had been intoxicated and there was no one around to help and she wasn't hurt just shook up.. ya he was going to the party . And she said OK I won't.Anyways that night, she went On the party, I asked her if I could pick her up, she said she was walking home! So I got worried and insisted, she eventually said yes, so I walked to pick her up, maybe a mile from my house... when got there she was drunk... and wearing spandex pants that were quite revealing, very form fitting, and the same kind of shirt, just pervocative I guess... later I found out she had no underwear on!As I walked her home she was excited and gitty to see me, and I asked her why she wore that, she said because she was mad at me, and I asked why did you drink, she said the same answer... then apparently she admitted to this guy who I spoke about earlier that she was shook up about... "shoving drinks down her throat", says her, I think she just kept taking drinks when he offered... I don't know... she says nothing happened and I trust her... Anyways, I don't know what to think , she says she is heartbroken about my lie which albeit small yes, but it's still a lie... and... I just don't understand... what is she doing? Getting even? I lie to her. And she lies back? Please tell me what you guys think about the whole situation.I spoke to her the next day and she said she remembers everything and stands buy her being mad at me but forgives... one thing I am wondering, is if I didn't persist to pick her up after the party, would she have even told me that she had something to drink? We live at separate places obviously,so I wouldn't have seen her until the next day... And again, when I spoke to her the next day, asking her why she wore those clothes, and that she said it was because she was mad when I asked her the day of, she said that she was drunk and she lied... I then bring it up to her that it she lied and she pulls the... "you are going to talk to me about lying, you're a hypocrite"... I lie about this little thing, and she goes and does this? Idk what to think... we have a pretty good history, I only lied to her once before about doing something and saying it was taken care off, when it wasn't, an errand if you will, she found out I lied... I don't think she cheated, I highly doubt it actually, but to put me in that position... to worry... about her like that, wanting to walk home... that seems just cruel to me, I don't know though, I don't know what to think... I guess all in all, at least she had fun at the party, so it seems. Heh.Just please someone help, what do I do? What should I think? After all of this, the next day I told her, I love her more than anything and... I understand you are mad.. you have a right to be, but to get even with me like that?She told me that she has no idea the pain my lie has caused her, and that I will never know, I then told her, put herself in my position, I was sorry but what does lying back to me do, other than hurt me, more than she will ever know, I told her that, she then said sorry and she wishes she didn't do it, if she could take back the pain she put me through, then she would have no regrets.. Thank you all so much for your help, any comments are much appreciated, please be honest and sincere, even if the truth hurts be honest, but be nice about it. Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
    You really need to summarize your situation because it's just too long and tedious to read, sorry. After reading it all I still don't even know what you lied about that set her off before the party - it was that you told her you had something to tell her, but didn't?? That makes no sense all by itself!
    Also, asking total strangers whether we think she is thinking something, or whether she is lying to you, just doesn't work. We aren't there. We aren't hearing from her.
    What this all boils down to is lack of communication. You don't trust each other, it seems, because you don't talk anything out. It's as simple as that. If you lie, chances are you think other people lie. They go hand in hand. The more you lie the more you assume others are lying. If you can't believe each other, then you can't trust each other, and that's not love by a longshot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a music video where this guys enters a party with jugs of colored drinks [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for this music video where this guys enters a party with jugs of colored drinks that look like paint. All the people drink it and are dancing and stuff. I think it was electro?

Drink cold drinks while pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

What will be the effect of drinking cold drinks to the pregnant woman like me?

My dog won't drink water. He's afraid. How do I get him to drink? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog recently has been sick. He started throwing everything up. I went to the vet, and they gave me some anti-vommit pills for him. I've been feeding him rice with a little hamburger in it for the last two days. The problem is he won't drink water. The last two times he tried before I took...

What is the difference of chemistry in diet soft drink and regular soft drinks [ 1 Answers ]

We have to make a vidoe of this for school and we are stuck. What is the difference of chemistry in diet soft drink and regular soft drinks?

Party drinks [ 4 Answers ]

Beer - takes too many/long to get drunk Mikes Hard Lemonade - not strong enough. I've been in the legal drinking age for a while now but have never ordered any drinks and so I have no idea what to start with. I'm not crazy about the taste of some millers I have now. What would you suggest...

View more questions Search